Bucky Barnes; Sorry

-Note- This is based of the Halsey Song 'Sorry' song is linked above.

It didn't matter anymore. It didn't matter that you've been with him for a year. Because this was always going to be a problem. You were always going to be a problem. You didn't love him.

Or at least you thought you didn't. Maybe 'couldn't' was the keyword.

This was all a mistake from the beginning. You'd break his heart eventually and you'd never forgive yourself for doing so.

You had to do this. It's not like he actually loved you or anything. The only way to guarantee a somewhat safer life for him was to do this on your own. No Steve to help you out. No Nat to shoot someone you missed. And most importantly, no Bucky to save you if anything went wrong.

He would live better if you were not in the picture. Running away was not an option because he'd find you again. So what better way to go than to walk in the most recent HYDRA facility and wipe out everything they had on him. That way, they won't ever have a chance to get him back. What was so perfect about this was how there were no consequences to this. Whether or not you were caught, it didn't matter because he'd be safe.

I've missed your calls for months it seems

Don't realize how mean I can be

'Cause I can sometimes treat the people

That I love like jewelry

'Cause I can change my mind each day

I didn't mean to try you on

But I still know your birthday

And your mother's favorite song

You left when you made sure everyone was asleep. Funny how it was actually so easy to sneak off under their noses. Stealing one of Tony's cars, you drove off, not regretting any decisions you were going to take that night.

So I'm sorry to my unknown lover

Sorry that I can't believe that anybody ever really

Starts to fall in love with me

Sorry to my unknown lover

Sorry I could be so blind

Didn't mean to leave you

And all of the things that we had behind

It still hurt a little though. The thought that he couldn't love you. How could ever do that? You killed so many innocent people before you joined SHIELD. Even if you tried to get rid of the red in your past, it was still going to leave a trace.

And he was so pure. That's what you thought of him at least. He was such an innocent soul and it was never your intention to try this out with him, knowing very well it would end one way or the other.

So you chose the way out.

I run away when things are good

And never really understood

The way you laid your eyes on me

In ways that no one ever could

And so it seems I broke your heart

My ignorance has struck again

I failed to see it from the start

And tore you open 'til the end