Bucky Barnes ; Electric Love

Another day, another mission. That's what it's like in the Avengers Compound. Mission after mission after mission, but it was your job. You knew what you were getting into when Nick Fury advocated for you to join his mighty team of heroes. He found you due to your powers. You were born an inhuman, an enhanced. You could control electricity. You could pull it from sources or generate from your own body.

Tony and Bruce had a field day when they met you. You had unlimited electricity. You were perfect to start up new suits and you could give the tower power when the lights went out. You were their dream come true. Now, you got along with everybody right off the bat, except for a certain metal armed soldier. He was weary of you. The crackling of the electricity reminded him of his time in Hydra. It wasn't good considering he just got out of cryo and the doctors found a way to get the words out of his head, but he was still fragile.

It took almost a year of you two knowing each other to finally get comfortable with each other. You guys eventually developed serious feelings for each other, but never told for fear of being rejected. Bucky had no idea how to be in a relationship. He never had a serious relationship in his life. From what he remembered it was just one night stands and dates. Never a committed relationship.

You were scared of rejection. Why would a beautiful human like James Buchanan Barnes have feelings for you? You weren't sexy like Wanda or Natasha. Yeah you were pretty, but not in the traditional sense. Guys never worshiped you like they did the others. You thought it was because they were scared of what you could do. I mean, who wants to be with someone who could electrocute you at any moment? For that reason, you kept your distance. You didn't want to be the cause of Bucky's relapse.

Today was an infiltration mission. You were to go into one of Hydra's bases to retrieve information of experiments they had done during World War 2. The struggle was that this was one of their bigger bases, and it has not yet been abandoned. From what FRIDAY could sense, there were about 75 hostiles in the building. This mission was especially dangerous for you. The base was surrounded by water. Electricity and water were not a good mix, but you knew you could do it. You'd just have to be extra careful.

Steve partnered everyone up. Like always, you were with Bucky. Despite not telling of each other's feelings, you two were still good friends. Your teams job was to keep hostiles from entering and exiting the building by any means necessary. You and Bucky were the perfect team, totally in sync, until one moment you weren't.

Both you and Bucky were surrounded. There were more people occupying the base than was originally thought. You were tiring yourself out, you were using your powers too much. Bucky was faltering on his feet. Both of you not being able to call for help because your coms were ripped out of your ears.

You looked over to Bucky for a quick second. Enough time to see a sniper aiming for Bucky's head. You couldn't let him die. With all the strength you had left, you shot all your energy at the sniper, killing him. While you were distracted a nearby agent took the chance to kick you down into the water. The last thing you saw was Bucky's eyes, wide in fear. He screamed out your name, like somehow that would save you from your inevitable doom.

You hit the water with a big splash. Big enough to catch Steve's attention. He had to sprint over to stop Bucky from going on after you. Your body kept taking the electricity in from the water. It was shocking you, killing you. You weren't meant to take in this much energy. Eventually, the energy ran out. You couldn't keep your eyes open any longer, succumbing to the darkness.

"Bucky! You can't go in after her! You'll die!" by now everyone had finished their tasks and heard Steve's yelling in their coms. They came out to see Bucky on his knees yelling at Steve to let him go. Everyone saw the tears in his eyes that had not yet fallen.

Everyone heard the crackling of your electricity stop. Grasping their attention long enough to not notice Bucky dive into the freezing water.

"Bucky No!" everyone yelled in unison, but it was too late he was already swimming to retrieve your unconscious body from the bottom. He pulled up and Steve grabbed you. Bucky launched himself out of the water to your body, beginning CPR. He couldn't lose you. Not yet. He had to tell you how he felt. Everyone just watched Bucky. Not having the heart to stop him.

Then, they heard the splutter of a cough and heaving breathes. He really did it. He saved you. He smiled down at you and whispered the words you have always wanted to hear.

"I love you." You could help but smile and return those three words. You two would never let each other go.