Bucky Barnes ; Doll

"You look absolutely ritzy, [Y/N]." Clare exclaimed once she saw her friend step out from behind the changing curtain, "You're gonna knock em all dead when they see you tonight!"

[Y/N] frowned as she looked at herself in the mirror, "You sure?" Turning and twisting her body, she scrunched up her nose. "Maybe I shouldn't tonight, Clare." Turning to face her dolled up friend, she sighed.

"Oh, no you don't." Clare stamped her foot in protest, "We're going to this dancing joint and we're gonna find ourselves a couple of big sixes and not some drugstore cowboy, you hear?"

Nodding her in head defeat, she followed Clare out the door and towards the joint that her friend had been raving about non stop. It took around ten minutes before they ended up waving down a cab and took even longer to reach their designation. Enough time for it pass by for [Y/N] to realize that her going out tonight in her ruby red dress was a mistake. But, she had nowhere but to go except for wherever Clare was taking her.

"Everyone here looks so spiffy! Don't ya think, [Y/N]?" Clare linked arms with [Y/N] as they weaved in and out of the place. Lowering her voice but still containing excitement, she breathed out, "So many flappers-oh look there's John! Remember him, huh? He's a fly boy now." If Clare's heart could have leaped out of her chest and onto the floor, [Y/N] would have bet a nickel that it had just done so. "Do I look okay?"

[Y/N] pressed her lips into smile, forcing herself into it knowing that the minute she said yes, Clare was going to bound off towards him. "You look always look swanky, Clare."

Squealing loudly, Clare tore herself away [Y/N] and sprinted towards John who she had to admit had grown up quite nicely from the little scrawny boy he used to be.

It felt like hours had passed by as [Y/N] watched Clare and John laugh it up. At least someone's having a good time, she thought as she ordered another drink. Just as she was about to take a sip, her attention was pulled elsewhere to the sound of a man talking to her.

"Hey there, doll. What's a pretty dame like you doing all by yourself?"

Turning her head to face the voice, her eyes lit up to find a familiar face. Standing up from her stool, she winced as she almost knocked over her glass. "As I live and breathe, is that you, Bucky?"

Grinning, Bucky spun around in his uniform, "It sure is."

Without thinking twice, she reached for a hug. It had been months since she had last seen him. She had grown up just down the street from Bucky from the time they were little kids. After a minute of hugging him, she took a step back and admired his digs. "You look mighty spiffy and is that? Would you look at that, Sergeant Barnes." [Y/N] gently tapped the plate on his chest and beamed, "That's wonderful!" Sitting back down on her stool, she frowned, "Say, where's Rogers?"

Bucky shrugged, sitting down next to her, "Said he was feelin' under the weather." Ordering a drink for himself, he flickered a look towards [Y/N] when she wasn't paying attention. Bucky had always found her to be exquisite, he was just always too afraid to use his lines on her. "Speaking of friends, where's your trouble maker Clare?"

Snorting softly, [Y/N] shrugged as well. "Beats me, John probably went to take her to go neck." Twirling a curl of hers, she sighed, "I don't know why I keep agreeing to go out with her when all I know is that she'll leave me when we get there. I'm such a pushover."

Frowning, "You aren't a pushover, come on, stop" He leaned forward, smiling lightly, "Between you and me, doll. Clare's just lookin' for a daddy, you and I both know that." Sitting straight up, he looked around the place, "I'm sure you do just fine on your own anyways."

"Oh yeah? Tell me why you're the only one that's approached me so far." Sulking, she sighed again. "I'm just a plain ole Jane whenever Clare's around. You and I both know that."

"Says you!" Bucky halfway shouted incredulously. Throwing apologetic looks to the patrons around the bar for startling them, he shook his head as he looked dead straight into [Y/N]'s eyes. "Doll, you've got it all wrong. You're the kind of dame that a fella walks down the middle aisle."

Shaking her head, she chuckled. "You're all wet, Barnes."

He chuckled along with her, "I'm serious. These fellas," Bucky looked around, shaking his head, "aren't the kind of fellas you want anyway [Y/N]."

"And I suppose the kind of a fella I should be after is someone like you, huh?" She remarked playfully.

Bucky smirked, "As a matter of fact, yes."

[Y/N] froze, "Wh-what?"

Standing up from the stool, he held out his arm, "Come on, baby. Why don't we go to the Tin Pan Alley and blow this joint. I know how much you love that music."

Staring at him with her mouth hung slightly open, she struggled to get the words out of her mouth. "Are you, are you asking me on a date?"

Chuckling, "Yes m'am."

"But why?!"

Bucky gently grabbed [Y/N]'s shoulders and stood her up from the stool. "Because doll, you're the only dame in here that's kept my focus all night. Took me an hour just to muster up the courage to come over and talk to you."

"But, we've been friends for years, Buck. You know you can always talk to me."

"Normally, yes." Bucky replied, giving her a small smile, "But not when you're wearing this beautiful dress. I'm stuck on you, doll. So what do you say? Come with me to Tin Pan Alley. I promise you'll have a good time. I'll take you dancing another night."

"Another night?" [Y/N] squeaked, "You mean there will be other nights with you?"

Bucky threw his head back and laughed, "What is with you?"

Shaking her head, she nervously laughed. "Nothing, it's just, it's strange to hear that you'd date me."

"Of course I would date you, who wouldn't?" Bucky said with a brow raised.

Motioning to the crowd dancing, "All of them."

Snaking an arm around her waist, he chuckled low. "Good, because then that means you're all mine. I promise I won't be a flat tire tonight, [Y/N]. Give me a chance to turn this night around."

Nodding, she smiled. "I'll give you a chance, but, uh, Bucky?"

"Yes, doll?"

"That banks closed, so no funny business." She pulled away from his grasp and slung on her coat, giving him a smirk.

"What? Come on, doll. Not even a single kiss tonight?"

Patting his shoulder, she giggled. "Not even one."

Watching her head for the door, he shook his head and laughed. "I see you're going to make me work for it, it's alright. I like a challenge."

1940′s lingo

ritzy - elegant

joint - establishment

big six - strong men

drugstore cowboy - a guy who picks up chicks on a corner

flapper - a woman who wears short skirts/dress with short hair

fly boy - an aviator

swanky - ritzy (elegant)

dame - female

go neck - kissing with passion

middle aisle - get married to

all wet - wrong, incorrect

stuck on you - crush

Tin Pan Alley - the music district in New York City

flat tire - boring date

banks closed - no kissing