Pool Table - Chase Collins

Nicky's was usually crowded, but tonight it was dead, only a handful of people had come out to relax.

"He's staring again."

Your friend was smirking past her straw. "Who?"

"The new guy, Chase."

There was no denying he was cute, and no way you were going to let him get away with openly staring at you without at least sending him some sign. Turning to face him you saw the blush creep up his neck from being caught only making it deepen when you winked.

"And now he's coming over...I'm going to sit at the bar."

He sat across from you smiling almost nervously. "I've seen you around here before."

"Well, I do go to school with you."

"Fair enough, I'm Chase."

Taking his outstretched hand you couldn't stop the giggle when he kissed it. "Y/N."

"Do you play pool Y/N?" Following him over to the table you watched as he racked the balls and explained the game to you. "Make sure you hit all your balls in before going after the 8 ball, or else you'll lose."

Nicky watched from behind the bar obviously interested in what you would do. "I think I've got it."

"How about I break and then you can try." Nodding you watched as he lined the cue ball and let the triangle shatter into different directions. "It's not as easy as it looks honestly, but I did get a stripe in so I have to keep going."

He missed on the next shot and finally it was your turn, picking one of the more open shots you started lining it up but felt Chase's arms wrap around you. "Am I doing something wrong?"

"The way you're holding the stick is going to make the ball spin and miss the shot." Sure enough, the way he had you do it cause the ball to spin far right hitting a bank. "How about I give you another try?"

You could hear his friends laughing at their table, you knew the Sons of Ipswich pretty well having gone to school with them for years and it was obvious they were waiting for the show. Chase put the ball back in front of you and encouraged you to "try your best" before taking a step back.

Sinking ball after ball you flicked your eyes up to watch as each one found it's mark easily enough and Chase's smile fell further and further. "Not bad for my first time, huh?"

"You hustled me."

"Is it really hustling if you assumed I had no idea how to play?" Shock still wrote over his face you laughed. "Next time don't treat a girl like such a damsel in distress, we don't all need saving."

The Sons and Nicky were openly laughing now having known full well what was going to happen, but Chase just smiled with them. "Maybe you'll still want to go out with me this weekend then? No saving involved, just a movie."

"Sure, pick me up then. I'm in 114."

He retreated back to the table letting his friends jeer until he told them you still agreed to a date, they all cheered for him as you went back to your meal.

Chase Collins, there was more to him than met the eye and you were hoping to find out.

Word Count- 532