GLC; 8

~-~-~-~-~-~-

I wake up with a loud scream, my body was all jittery, moving and squirming in the mystery arms that held me closely

I wake up with a loud scream, my body was all jittery, moving and squirming in the mystery arms that held me closely. I choke back a sob as the tears continue running freely down my cheeks.

My heart was beating so hard my chest started to burn and clench, I could feel my lungs give out on me.

"Shh, it's okay angel." The voice I knew belonged to James, I dig my head in his shoulder, seeking comfort. My body was frozen rigid, I instantly knew I just had a night terror.

Soon I pull away and sniffle my now blocked and stuffy nose. I look around and find myself sitting in the middle of the road. How'd I get here? I look back up at a concerned looking James, as if he knew what I was thinking he said "You had a night terror, you ran out of the house screaming. You wouldn't let me help you, you just ended up crying and screaming even louder. But I caught you, it's okay now." James says running his hand up and down my back in a soothing manner.

My breath hitched in my throat, I ran out of the house and into the road, this is going way too far.

I sigh in frustration and exhaustion before running a hand through my tangled hair. "Where is everyone else?" I ask in confusion, if I screamed then for sure I should've woken them up.

"I told them to back off, um, also, Charlie might have a black eye." James scratches the back of his neck nervously.

"Are you kidding me James?!?!" I yell, standing up and running back to the house with James following close behind.

I open the door and soon four confused and worried faces met mine.

"Hey guys." I say awkwardly, I look around the room and spot Charlie sitting on the couch, holding an ice pack up to his left eye. I gasp and rush to his side.

"Hi Grace." Charlie says with a forced smile, so James was actually serious? He punched Charlie because he wanted to help?

"I can't believe you James!" I cry out and turn towards him, his eyes were wide like a deer caught in headlights. I almost wanted to laugh at his reaction, but I restrained myself.

"I think you guys should go." I sigh, running a hand down my face.

"But- it's two o'clock in the morning."

"I don't care!" I shout, losing my sanity. Kidnapping me was one thing, but fricken punching my best friend just topped it, the icing on the cake.

"Okay." Sadie whispers, guilt seeps in almost instantly but I cover it up immediately. I'm not mad at Sadie and Aphrodite, mainly James for punching my best friend with no reason behind it. Charlie just wanted to make sure I was okay, why would he get a punch for that?

Or maybe there's more to the story. Zane and Bates force James out the door with Sadie and Aphrodite following close behind.

Was I being over-dramatic?

No. He hurt my best friend, my brother. I shake my head to clear my thoughts as the door shuts. "Grace?" Charlie asks from behind me. I turn around to face him, trying to calm down.

"So, what about that cake war?"

"Oh it's on!"

-

After dealing with the police, and telling them I stayed at a friends house without permission. I told them the missing report was an accidental report. Luckily they believed me.

I sigh and flop down on my bed, my eyes travel up to my clock sitting on my nightstand. 1:06 pm. I had nothing else to do so I took a much needed nap, letting my eyes flutter closed, soon my breathing evened and I was off to dreamland.

I woke up to hear a loud knock on my window, thinking it's a robber or a murder, I look around the room for a weapon. I pick my large teddy bear and slowly creep up to the window, it was pitch black outside so I couldn't see who it was.

A tall figure was knocking on the window, he was standing on the ladder which he brought with him.

Instantly I slide the window open and hit the man with my teddy bear. He groans and almost falls off the ladder, the ladder goes tumbling to the ground but he held onto the window sill as if his life depended on it.

I keep hitting his hands with the teddy bear hoping he'd fall too.

"Gracie! Princess! Stop it's me!" A familiar voice yells, I turn on my lights and notice it was James.

How could I think it's a robber? I don't think a robber or a murder would knock on your window. I'm so dumb.

I gasp and immediately help him, I grab his hands and try my hardest to pull him in. With both our efforts he was lying on my floor panting.

I know I should be mad at him, but if he fell then he would've probably been paralyzed. The drop was 12.1 meters tall, meaning 36 feet. That's tall enough to be put in a hospital, right?

"Are you kidding me James?! Why are you here?!" I say loudly but instantly remember my parents are asleep and I should keep it down.

"You really thought I'd leave you, princess?" James smirks as if I just didn't almost kill him from a 36 foot drop. This boy I swear.

"I hoped so." I roll my eyes and cross my arms across my chest. His sea green eyes met my boring brown ones, instantly his stare had me at a nervous state. My breath hitched in my throat and my palms grew clammy. Why am I acting this way? He's just staring at me, big deal.

James finally stands up, he walked closer, his eyes staring me down as if I were his prey. I nervously back up until my back hits the wall. Dammit, someone say cliche?

James smirks at my nervous state before leaning in, our close proximity not helping my nervousness at all. His breath fans my ear, his hands snaked around my waist. Why can't I move? It's like I was stuck in place, like a statue.

"Do I make you nervous, princess?" James smirks before placing a feather kiss on my ear.

I'm dreaming.

Wake up Grace.

I squeeze my eyes hoping this is just a dream, even though I enjoyed it, I would never admit that to him though.

"Uh- um." I stutter out making me want to slap myself.

"I'll take that as a yes." James says before facing me, his mezmorizing sea green eyes have captivated me and now I know, there's no going back.

James leans in further until his lips were placed on mine. It's as if my hands had a mind of their own, I run my hands through his hair causing him to pull me impossibly closer.

What am I doing?

Finally some sense kicked in causing me to gasp and push him away.

"What princess? Did I hurt you? Are you okay? What's wrong?!" James says in a rushed voice before checking my body for injuries.

I was about to answer but something cut me off.

A gunshot.