GLC; 27

~-~-~-~-~-~

It's been a couple days since we came to the other gang house, we all decided to call in the other gang members to plan something

It's been a couple days since we came to the other gang house, we all decided to call in the other gang members to plan something. I knew I wasn't safe, with Darren lurking in an unknown place, we needed to be ready.

James had told me that Darren was a gang leader, years ago. But his gang was lacking, so James and Darren morphed games. So all of Darren's old gang members now are in James gang, and Darren agreed to be the lead searcher/tracker.

I don't feel safe around here, or anywhere. Just knowing that Darren wants me, and is on the loose has me feeling uncomfortably scared. James keeps saying I'll be safe when I'm with him, I do feel safe with him beside me but it's still unsettling.

We didn't know his next move, where he is, or what he's planning. I felt like I've had enough lately, the self-hatred and all the drama happening around me. I have no hope in humanity anymore and at this point I don't care if I get hurt in the mix of it.

Have you ever felt so hurt, so sad that you can't feel anything. My whole life, if I ever got depressed or upset I would push my feelings away, cut them out of my life. And the worst part is that I don't even know what I'm feeling anymore. I'm uncomfortably numb in my mind and all can do is smile to cover it up.

"Hey you alright?" Misty asks, pausing The Lion King. Us girls were all having a sleepover in the living room, it took forever to persuade James to let me sleep alone. We agreed to have him do hourly checkups on us, he's too over-protective. But I love him either way.

"I'm fine." I smile widely, masking what I truly felt inside. It became a routine at this point.

"If you say so." Misty smiles, she grabs a handful of the buttery popcorn and pops it in her mouth. I don't understand how these group of girls eat like horses and manage to keep their perfect bodies. Whilst I'm here looking like a fat pig, why does James even love me? Look at me, I'm horrifying.

I bite my trembling lower lip and try my hardest to hold everything in, I've been eating very little lately and I think James secretly knows. He's been trying to make me eat more, but it's the same excuse, the same silly lie.

I'm not hungry.

I shake my head, trying to rid my toxic thoughts. What ever happened to the old me? I used to be so confident and carefree, is this what happens when you grow up, do normal girls ever feel like this or is it just me?

"Hey is everything alright?" I hear a deep voice from the kitchen, recognizing it as James I smile slightly.

I love how James accepts me for who I am, he may seem all big and scary but once you get to know him you'll see that he isn't what you think he is. No matter how much he denies it, he has a big heart.

"Yeah." I smile as James walks out to the living room. He had a black t shirt on and dark washed jeans, why does he look so perfect without even trying?

"Seriously? The Lion King?" James chuckles, staring at the screen with a gorgeous smile on his face.

"Hey it's a Disney marathon!" Misty defends with a playful glare, James shrugs with a smirk and sips some water from the glass he got from the kitchen.

Just doing something so simple, he manages to look like a Greek God without even trying. I stare up at his face, the TV giving off enough light to let me see his defined features. His sea green eyes were so vibrant in the artificial light. If we were in a room filled with artwork, I'd still look at him.

James suddenly notices my stare and looks down at me, he gives me a beautiful smile causing me to blush slightly.

I turn my head away and look over at the TV screen, watching the animated film before me. I could hear James footsteps slowly fade away causing me to internally frown.

I shrug and re-adjust my body, getting in a comfortable position.

"So you and James." Misty states with both eyebrows raised.

My eyes widen in realization once I realize I never told anyone about James and I. We confessed to each other but we never made it official.

"You guys are together now, right?" Sadie cheers with hopefully eyes from the couch. I look down at my hands and confess "Well we told each other that we love each other but it's not official."

"Yes! Pay up Aphrodite!" Sadie smiles causing confusion to strike me hard.

"You bet on us?!" I splutter.

"Yeah, Aphrodite said you guys would confess once Darren was caught but I guessed before. C'mon girl I want my 50 bucks!" Sadie cheers, overly happy by the situation.

"Okay okay fine." Aphrodite rolls her eyes and stands up from the couch, walking off into another room probably to get the money.

I chuckle to myself and shake my head, I can't believe they bet on us.

Misty smirks in my direction and stares at the television as if it were the most amazing thing int he whole world.

Suddenly James alerting voice causes me to grow stiff.

"Darren made his own gang!" James yells as he runs down the stairs to tell us, staring down at his phone. I look up at him with wide eyes, how could Darren make his own gang in such a short time?

"What?!" Misty says in fear, her eyes were almost as wide as mine. To say we were terrified was an understatement.

"Sorry wait, Darren joined a gang." James explains, running a hand through his tousled hair.

"Really?" Sadie asks from the couch, she looked as if she were about to pee her pants in fear. We were all struck by the news, this could mean something big. What's going to happen now? What if we get attacked? The questions kept coming and comping, feeding my anxiety.

"We need to move, as soon as possible. Everyone get your stuff!" James instructs, we all run up the stairs to gather our things. I packed as much as I could, throwing everything into my backpack and duffel bags.

"Hurry!" James yells from downstairs, I felt so rushed I didn't bother to grab the rest of my things.

Sadie, Misty, and I all met downstairs with Zane and Bates. I had no idea where we were going, once again. And all I wanted to do was have the ground swallow me whole. This was too much for me, I can't take it.

"Guys they're making their way towards us now, let's go!" James ushers us all out until we're all safely in the car.

James quickly starts the car and drives off, leaving the second gang house behind. I felt like I was missing something, I have my phone and most of my personal needs. What's missing.

Aphrodite.