GLC; 12

~-~-~-~-~-~-

Do you get that feeling where you like someone but you don't?

You like them, you have feelings for them. But you don't want to like them, maybe it's because you're scared of getting heartbroken or hurt, maybe it's because you just don't like who that person is, sadly that's my case.

I don't like how James is a murder, I don't like how he hurts people without thinking, I don't like it at all. I wish he were a better man, maybe then, I wouldn't be afraid to have feelings for him.

Because, if he hurts others.

Then how do I know he won't hurt me?

I tried multiple times to shake off the thought but I couldn't, no matter what.

I sit up straight in my bed, refusing to fall asleep. I don't wanna go through the night terrors again, also considering that my thoughts were like cold water. Depriving me from the sleep I once wanted.

I walk downstairs, noticing how the house was silent. I pull on my shoes and jump in my parents car. If I can't sleep, then I'm not going to sit down and do nothing.

I pull into the Mc Donalds parking lot and walk into the place. I know exactly what I need right now, a medium fry and large shamrock shake.

I walk up to the counter only to face a young man, looks about my age, blonde hair and a lip ring.

"Hey, could I have a shamrock shake and a medium fry?" I ask pulling out my money from my pockets.

"Okay mam, but we're all outta fries at the moment." He says blankly as I lean against the wall.

Salty tears burn my eyes as I sink to the floor, my whole world has crashed down on my shoulders and I don't know if I can take it. With my palms sweaty and heart racing, I look up into his eyes and choke out "How are you out of french fries?!"

"Half of the fast food outlets in the back aren't working. We're gettin on it as quick as possible mam."

Well my life seems to be getting better and better, doesn't it? I sigh in frustration once he places the shake on the counter. I quickly pay him and leave, driving home. I can't even get fries without having trouble.

I walk up to my room and drink my shake whilst listening to Ariana Grande.

I guess that's how I'm spending my Wednesday night.

-

I wake up only to find my shamrock shake spilled across my chest and all over my bed sheets, groaning I sit up and start to take the sheets off of my bed. I throw them in the laundry hamper, I'll wash it after school.

I quickly take a ten minute shower to wash the stickiness off of me before wrapping a plush towel around my damp body.

I quickly run to my closet, throw on a crop top and boyfriend jeans, including a grey cardigan which I just wrap around my waist.

"Grace get down here! Charlie is here to pick you up!" I hear my mother yell from the kitchen downstairs.

"Crap crap crap crap." I whisper and grab my sunglasses sitting on my dresser.

"Coming!" I yell and run down the stairs, the time was tight, meaning I only had 5 minutes to get to school, including the car ride.

I throw on my shoes before flying out the door and in the car with Charlie.

"Hey Char, step on it!" I say hastily and buckle up.

"I'm on it!" He says and literally steps on it hard causing us to go flying forward. I scream and hold the dashboard, trying to calm my racing heart.

I can already tell that today won't go smoothly.

Charlie pulls into the parking lot, I notice how nobody is outside. Everyone is probably at their lockers, on their way to class.

I whine before opening the door and racing towards the door, Charlie on my heels. We make our way to the lockers and grab our stuff.

I open my backpack and look for my math book with all my notes in it. I have my math exam today.

My eyes widen in horror once I remember studying at my desk last night, my math book and notes were still sitting there.

"No no no no no no!" I cry out looking through my backpack more, hoping I'm wrong. I yank out the backpack and dump it upside down. My pencils and history notes flying everywhere in the process.

My anxiety and fear grew once I deadpan it.

I don't have my notes.

And especially since my teacher was nice enough to make this an open-note exam. I was lucky enough to bring my notebook. And the day that I need it is the day I don't have it.

"No!" I cry out, feeling my tears rush to my eyes. I look up at the clock and notice I have homeroom for 4 more minutes until the exam. I have 4 minutes to get my notes.

I look over at Charlie's locker only to see him already walking in his classroom. I could've borrowed his notes since he has his history exam today, I'm screwed.

Then a thought came to mind causing me to sigh in relief. I hastily pull out my phone and dial James phone number.

"C'mon pick up pick up pick up!" I whisper under my breath whilst biting my lip.

"Hello?"

"Oh my gosh James! I need your help right now!" I say in excitement.

"What's wrong? What do you need?" He says a little too quickly.

"I left my math notes on my desk in my room and I have my math exam in 3 minutes! Please could you get it and bring it in?! Please!" I beg, practically on my knees.

"Grace, you know if I go in there they may recognize me and call the police." James sighs.

"James. Please I need you to right now, please I'll love you forever!" I beg once more, instantly James attention was grabbed.

"Okay okay I'm coming." James sighs, I say thank you before hanging up.

Thank the lord for James. I start to pick up the mess I made from my backpack, putting it all back in my locker before checking the clock once more.

"1 minute till class!" I whisper to myself, I could almost feel the tears fall down my cheeks. But I quickly wipe them away and stand up straighter. It's okay, I won't fail this.

Suddenly the school doors open, I look over and see James standing there in all his glory. Holding my math notes and math book.

"James thank you thank you thank you!" I cry out taking the notes and book before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I repeat happily, James chuckles before saying "Okay as much as I want you to stay with me, you gotta go take that exam. 30 seconds left." James chuckles, nodding at the clock.

I smile before kissing his cheek one more time and run off to my class.