GLC; 9

~-~-~-~-~-

"Damn it, I forgot to turn the TV off

"Damn it, I forgot to turn the TV off." I groan before standing up and turning The Walking Dead off.

James eyebrows were furrowed as if he were deep in thought. I almost felt bad for ruining our moment. I never meant to hurt him, I just panicked.

"I-I'm sorry." I whisper softly, James looks back up to meet my eyes. His sea green eyes had waves swooshing around, almost as if he were drowning me. His eyes are one of my favorite features of his, although his tattoos scare me, his eyes calm me down.

"No princess, it's okay. It's not your fault." James gives me a smile, but it didn't quite reach his eyes. I gave him a weak smile in return before we stood up.

"Um, you should go." I suggested carefully, I didn't want him to blow up.

"What if I don't?" James smirks, testing my limit.

"Then you won't be able to make babies." I cross my arms across my chest, James chuckles and leans in.

"You'd really bring that upon our future child." He whispers before jumping outta the window and climbing down to the ground.

Our future child?

Do I have a say in this?

I shake my head and climb into bed, tucking myself underneath the covers.

I slowly went to sleep with a sea green-eyed gang leader in my mind.

-

I woke up screaming and thrashing around in my fathers arms, he stroked my hair whispering sweet nothings in my ear as the tears ran down my face. Once again, I woke up with no memory of the night terror. My clothes stuck onto me like a second skin, I looked around and noticed I was hiding behind the couch, my parents on their knees trying to calm me down.

"I-I'm awake." I stutter out, my fathers leans back a little with worry and concern wafting around in his eyes, instantly I felt bad for waking them up all the time. It's always either Charlie or my parents who have to wake me up whilst I try to fight back, kicking, shouting, fighting.

I've never been so violent to a person, I remember one time I woke up from a night terror only to see Charlie sitting their with a black eye and a bloody nose. I got so violent I each broke my fathers arm, of course they forgave me but I still feel guilty.

I just wish there was something I could do to prevent my night terrors.

"Are you okay sweety?" My mother asks, pulling me in for a hug once we stand up. I hug her back tightly, sobbing and crying on her shoulder, wishing I could stop this.

No, I need to stay positive. Look the the positive, I didn't hurt anyone this time. I didn't run outside this time.

I wipe my tears away and sniffle loudly, my mom brings me to the kitchen, pouring me a glass a water with a small smile on her porcelain face.

"Thank you." I mutter and take the glass from her hands, gulping down the water. My dry throat was clenching and burning for water after all the screaming and crying. It felt so relieving to finally wash it all down with water.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

I've been asked this question many times before, and it's always the same old answer.

"Yes mom, goodnight, I love you." I say before walking back up the stairs and to my bedroom.

My mind is somewhere up in the clouds, it's as if I couldn't think properly. My body was still frigid. I hate the night terrors with a passion.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts before crawling under the covers and letting sleep take over.

-

I awaken to the sound of my alarm clock spewing around the room. With a groan, I lazily stand up and brush my teeth.

I pick out the first outfit that caught my attention which were high waisted skinny jeans and a black crop top.

Impressed with my choice, I brush my hair before running downstairs and grab an apple from the refrigerator. People usually have fruit bowls out on the counter or island but I'm not that kind of healthy person. My guilty pleasure is all food to be honest, all fattening food.

"Hey Cece!" Charlie chirps, walking into the house like he owns it. I smile at the childhood nickname he gave me when we were three years old.

"Hey Char!" I reply with a smile breaking across my face.

"Are you ready?"

"Duh." I roll my eyes, I'm standing here with my shoes on, apple in hand. What else do I need?

"Oh crap I forgot my phone." I widen my eyes as realization hits me, okay maybe I'm not ready.

I run up the stairs and grab my phone before running downstairs to Charlie, he chuckles before taking me out to his car.

"I call the aux cord!" I yell and hop in the car, I put the song Sexual by NEIKED on.

"Just say you feel, the way that I feel! I'm feelin sexual, we should be sexual!"

Charlie and I belt out to the song, raising our fists in the air and bouncing our heads to the beat. Once we reach the school, people stared at us in awe. I mean, I don't blame them, we're pretty awesome.

Charlie parks the Jeep as I take my phone off of the aux cord.

Time for another day in hell.

I climb out of the car, instantly all the boys eyes land on me and all the girls eyes land on Charlie. I never really considered us popular. But we are kinda known around the school, the difference between us and the populars are that we are still virgins, they slept with the whole school. We are actually nice to people, they are ignorant and self-conceited.

There are many differences, but I'd rather not name them. Charlie and I are like the populars that everyone actually likes. I guess that's the best way to put it.

Last year, there was this list going around the school, it was a list of the prettiest and the ugliest. Charlie and I were in the top five.

But I punched the girl who made it, she broke her fake nose which got me suspended. Now you may be asking why I would punch her for that, like it was meant to be a compliment! Right?

Yeah, sure it was flattering. But it wasn't fun to walk in the bathroom only to see blood all over the bathroom floor. I remember walking around the room and opening the only stall door that was locked. I crawled underneath it and saw a girl sitting on the seat (fully clothed) with almost 15 slits on her wrist.

I called the ambulance, they managed to save her just in time. But the whole point of this story is that all because of that list, a girl tried to kill herself. She was at the bottom of the list even though I always admired her.

The teachers all loved her, she had great grades, and she was pretty. With her tall slim figure like mine and long dark brown hair. She was only put on the bottom because she is called a loner, and she doesn't wear makeup.

But your words,  your actions, they actually really do hurt.

So kill em with kindness.

-

haha you see what i did there?