GLC; 17

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Hurry up Charlie!" I whisper/yell, juggling two large suitcases in my arms

"We shouldn't be doing this Grace," Charlie sighs, holding a large plastic bag filled with water bottles and snacks. "James specifically told you not to come with." Charlie says with a pointed look.

"I don't care what he says, we are sneaking in. Right now." I snap, looking both ways until I cross the street.

James told me not to come with, but of course I don't care. This is my best friend, Misty. I still don't understand why I never met James earlier, I knew Misty like the back of my hand. So why didn't she tell me about her brother? It doesn't make sense to me.

I crouch down, Charlie following my movements, as we walk along the private jet in James backyard. His outdoor basketball court is big enough to hold an effing jet. We had to sneak around the house and through the trees just to get to here.

But it's worth it.

"Alright guys, load up all the bags. We're leaving right now." I hear James dominant voice yell out, instantly my eyes widen before I crawl under the jet. I know probably not the safest place to go, but where else? Charlie looks confused until I grab his ankle and pull him to the ground with me. He gasps but I quickly slam my hand over his mouth.

"This is crazy!" Charlie whispers, I smirk at him, looking around from underneath this hunk of metal before rolling out.

"The coasts clear!" I whisper, Charlie crawls out and follows me. I had no idea where I was going, but I know I was getting in that jet.

With my head raised and confidence sky high, I open the back latch, crawling in with Charlie on my heels. The room was filled with different suitcases and bags, this was perfect.

"C'mon!" I smile at Charlie, he shuts the latch and looks around the room. The lights were on luckily, it was pretty roomy but the bags took up most of the space.

I crawl towards the other door on the other side of the room. Peeking through the hole I see a room that held a TV, a bed, a kitchen, a bathroom, etc.

This might be the room where they'll be, it worried me thinking that they might find us. What if James gets mad again? I hate it when he gets mad, it's like someone pissed in his corn flakes. I roll my eyes and crawl to the back of the room where Charlie was setting up camp.

"Let's build a fort!" I suggest, a goofy smile on my face. Charlie raises an eyebrow with a smirk plastered across his face.

I grab a bunch of suitcases and start to build my fort as Charlie works on his, I'm so going to have a fort battle with him later.

Pulling out the twizzlers and chocolate cake, I make my fort more homey. Yes, we did bring cake.

"Hey Charlie." I say with a wide smirk.

"Wassup?" He asks, still staring down at his treats in his hands.

"Watch out!" I yell, throwing a slice of cake right at his face. He screams like a little girl and jumps in surprise, making his whole fort go down.

I burst into fits of laughter, clutching my stomach as he pouts. This is way much more better than staying at home.

Suddenly I hear a loud clashing sound from the other room, instantly Charlie and I duck behind a large suitcase, holding our breaths in fear and anticipation. My heart rate sped up at the thought of James catching us.

The jet starts to rumble, as if it were having a seizure. The jet then lifts up in the air, and taking off. With wide eyes I soon notice that this is my first flight.

"Ch-Charlie." I whisper.

"Hm."

"This is my first flight." I whisper, biting my lip out of habit.

"Same here." He whispers back.

I swallow the lump in my throat in fear, my first flight. Questions and fears filled my head like a deadly disease, what if we crashed? Obviously I'm not a smooth flyer, I longed the ground.

Suddenly I heard the door open, my eyes grew wide as I bit my lip. What if it's James?! I sink further into Charlie as he tried his best to keep the suitcases in front of us.

I could hear someone curse, recognizing the voice as James, I sink further down causing the suitcase to move slightly.

Instantly I hold my breath and pray to God James didn't hear that.

I could almost feel his questioning stare on our suitcase.

"Why is there cake and twizzlers everywhere?" James mumbles.

"Shit!" I curse under my breath, I totally forgot to clean that up.

"Who's in there?" James asks, determination and leadership lacing his voice, obviously he was getting mad.

Suddenly our suitcase falls, causing my eyes to widen, I look up at the scary face of James with fear.

"Uh, hey?" I say with a nervous smile, I was literally hoping this wouldn't happen. Why does all this crap happen to me? Lord what did I do?

"Grace." James greets in a calm voice, he looks at Charlie and back at me, he was calm, too calm... So calm it started to scare me.

"I told you to not come." James says, holding up his calm act, even though I saw right through it. He was furious, I could basically see the steam coming out of his ears.

"I know, but this is Misty we're talking about." I say, trying to reason with him.

"Before I punch someone I suggest you get out of here." James says, he was starting to lose his cool, with wide eyes I grab my bag of snacks and bolt towards the other room with Charlie on my heels.

"I told you it was a bad idea." Charlie mutters, his head down in shame like a puppy.

"Bad ideas make good stories." I shrug, jumping down on the couch with a sigh.

"Plus if you want to be old and wise, you need to be young and stupid." I smile, Charlie looks at me with an unknown spark I couldn't name. What's wrong with him? Shaking it off, I focus on the now open door that led to the baggage room.

"Uh, hi James." I mumble, putting on my nervous smile again.

Please don't kill me. Please don't kill me. Please don't kill me.

"Hello, Grace." He says, walking towards the back of the room where all of his workers were, they looked confused and gave Charlie and I weird looks.

"And no 'hello' to me?!" Charlie accuses playfully, he made sure to keep his voice down so James doesn't hear. I giggle at him before running to the kitchen.

"Food fight?" I ask as I search through the cupboards.

"Why not?" Charlie smiles.