GLC; 29

~~~~~~~

All I could hear was voices

People talking all around me, my head felt like it was being smashed into cement because it hurt so badly. I open my eyes slowly and look up at the roof of a car, I look over to see James talking to Sadie who sat in the passenger seat.

I swing my feet off of Bates' lap and sit up slowly, holding my head.

"You're awake!" Sadie exclaims, interrupting James from his sentence.

Instantly James turns around to look at me causing the car to turn off of the road, Sadie gasps and leans forward to save the wheel from leading us to our death.

"Shit!" James curses and turns his eyes back on the road.

It was still dark out but the sun was rising, everyone's eyes were set on me making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

"Hey?" I say questioningly, raising my eyebrow at them.

"Hell yeah hey!" Bates jumps excitedly, waving at me. I wake back with slight laughter causing my vision to blur. I instantly stop and hold my head between my hands.

"You okay Gracie?" James asks, his voice laced in concern.

"Just peachy James." I smile reassuringly before looking back down, still holding my head.

"We have a plan." Sadie says, smiling widely at me.

"About?" I ask feeling lost.

"Remember? Darren took Aphrodite?" Sadie says in concern, furrowing her eyebrows.

Suddenly it all came back to me, how I jumped out of a car to stop James from forgetting Aphrodite. Darren has her.

This was too much.

My vision was blurring, I squeezed my eyes shut and prayed to the Lord that she was okay.

"Shit, Gracie are you okay?" James says in a rushed voice.

"I'm fine!" I snap, feeling all my emotions at once. Everything was piling down on me and I needed a break.

Everyone went silent after that.

"What's the plan?" I try to ease the tension.

"James is going to shoot Darren once we reach him, we have trackers tracking him down right now. First we're gonna shoot his leg and then question him about Aphrodite." Sadie says with a frown at the end.

I look over at Zane and frown, he looked so sad. I knew he missed Aphrodite and he wanted her back, I can only imagine what James would feel like if I was kidnapped like that.

"We'll find her." I say with a reassuring smile, placing my hand over his in a comforting manner.

I could see James tense up but I ignore it, Zane smiles back at me before I retract my hand and look out the window.

"So where is Darren?" I ask, leaning forward in between James and Sadie.

"He's close, we need to hunt him down somehow. Like corner him or something." Sadie says, looking out the window.

"What if the police come?"

James starts laughing.

"What?" I innocently ask, what's so funny about that?

"Gracie, I basically own the police. They're too fu-"

"Language!" I warn, knowing he'd throw in a n F bomb, it's James we're talking about here.

"They're too fudging scared of me." James says, making me nod my head in approval. He doesn't swear that much around me, I think it's because I've only swore like twice.

I look over at James, he's so handsome. His tattoos were beautiful and his features were defined, as if God had crafted it himself.

"He's not that far." Sadie mentions, staring down at her phone.

"Yeah we should reach him soon, Bates and Zane get the weapons ready." James instructs.

Bates and Zane reach over the seat and grab a black bag from the back. Zane opens it and pulls out a large gun. Instantly my eyes grow as wide as saucers. I don't think Darren deserves that.

"T-That's a little too much." I shudder, my anxiety rising. This is too much.

"We won't kill him." James soothes.

Yeah like that helps.

"O-Okay." I whisper, looking out the window as we turn into a large parking lot. A huge warehouse sat in front of us, a couple cars were scattered across the lot. It looked so abandoned.

"Gracie, stay in the car with Sadie. Don't come in, under any circumstances." James says with a dead serious look on his face, his sea green eyes captured my soft brown ones. I could tell he was serious.

I nod lightly, James places a soft kiss on my cheek before getting out of the car, leaving me stunned.

Bates and Zane follow James out, they take the weapons and run inside.

"Wanna go in?" Sadie says immediately.

"But James just said-"

"I know what he said. Who cares?" Sadie smiles, I ponder for a couple seconds and finally give in.

"They left a couple shotguns in the back, we can take one and follow them in." Sadie says, jumping out with me trailing behind her.

We run inside the building with mischievous smiles on our faces, I was one hundred percent sure we didn't know where we were going but I trusted Sadie and followed her.

We ran down this one hallway, running until we heard voices.

Sadie peeks her head around the corner and looks at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I question, my heart beginning to race.

"Darren. James." Sadie spits out.

I furrow my eyes and peek around the corner.

Darren stood in the middle of a large room, James and the others stood closely behind him.

"What're you here for, James?" Darren says with an evil smile, stepping forward.

James had a determined look on his face, as he started talking I noticed out of the corner of my eye. Darren had a gun behind his back, he was slowly raising it

Before he could point it at James I make the dumbest decision ever.

"Stop!" I yell, jumping out from behind the wall.

Instantly I hear a loud bang.

I looked over in confusion to see James crying, Zane and Bates looked surprised and shocked.

I tilt my head in confusion, who was shot?

But then I realize, the blood dripping down from my side.

It was me.