The Start Of The Exam

( Y/N POV )

No one else came out of the elevator doors so I assumed that Gon and his friends were the last applicants to show. We heard a loud ringing noise coming from beyond the wall and watched as the larch metal wall lifted up slowly. On the other side we saw a man with pale lavender hair which curls at the end. His most distinctive features however is his thin curly mustache and seemingly lack of a mouth. But hey that's none of my business. " I apologize everyone for the delay, welcome to the start of the hunter exam my name is Satotz, and I'm going to lead you to the first phase of your exam. " every one was beginning to get hyped up, especially Gon and Leorio. Gon seemed generally excited about the exam while Leorio just wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible.

" I will begin to inform you that this year's exam along with the others Will be difficult for most of you, that being the case if you are short on luck or ability, there's a chance you might get seriously injured. Death is another distinct possibility. However if you're willing to except the risk that are involved I would like you to follow me, but if not I would ask you to exit through the elevator door that is directly behind you " I looked around the room to see if any of the applicants were willing to leave. No one did however and Satotz continued.

" all right then, all 405 applicants well now participate in phase 1 " He said and turned around while waving his arms and left leg into the air and started to take big steps in the opposite direction, as the applicants began to follow. " we all started to walk at a reasonable pace, if this is what the hunter exam is going to be like all the way through, it's going to be a piece a cake.

" yeah, I didn't think anybody was going to leave, but I was hoping maybe a few would. " said Leorio as he looked around at the Applicants. " I guess I was too, but no one's going to deck out this early in the game " I said back to him. I noticed the other applicants in front start to pick up the pace and so did we. " I think they started running, " said Gon as he started to as well. " that means Satotz is starting to pick up the pace " added Kurapika. I really don't know what his deal is, he acts very calm and collected and I could tell he was the smartest one out of these three. But the aura around him says something totally different. It was starting to get even more familiar but I try not to pay to much attention to it I need to focus on this exam.

" I Satotz is the first phase examiner, and I will be leading you to the second phase. The first phase is already underway, it's quite simple all you have to do is follow me to the second phase. So try to keep up " said Satotz. so it's basically an endurance test which isn't really a problem for me at all, but still like I said before i'm not really good on patients. So not knowing where were going or when we'll get there is really stressful for not only me but for the other applicants as well.

We have now been running for over an hour and applicants were already starting to drop out but for me it seems like it's only been minutes. I've been talking with Gon the whole time, it seem like this is a breeze for him to and Kurapika as well. But Leorio was a different story I looked over to him to see him sweating bullets and not only that he also looked really irritated. Past him was a boy that looked around Gon and I's age with spiky silver hair, very pale skin and blue eyes. He was on a skateboard minding his own business when Leorio started to yell at him. " hey kid have a little respect for the exam will ya " he yells while raising his fist up in the air. " what do you mean? " asked the boy calmly.

" I mean stop using that damned skateboard that's cheating!!! " Leorio pointed to his skateboard, he had a boiling expression on his face while he continued to argue with the boy. I don't know why he lets himself get so worked up over a little things like this, this is the hunter exam, if people focus their time on whether or not other examiners are following the rules 100% you'll never finish the exam, well, in one piece anyway. " no it's not " I looked over to Gon as he spoke " he's not cheating at all " I smiled at him and turned back to Leorio and the boy. " Gon's right, The examiner only told us to follow him, that's all ". I tilted my head a little and smiled at the boy as if to apologize for the trouble we were causing him.

I saw a light shade of pink appear on his face but then it disappeared every so quickly witch caused me confusion. He skated closer towards me and Gon and we both looked over to him. " Hey how old are you guys? " he asked " I'm 12 " said Gon smiling " and so am I " I said smiling as well. " oh " the boy flipped off his skateboard and landed on his feet while catching his skateboard in his hands. Gon and I were wowed at his trick and looked at each other amazed. " I think I'll run for a while " he said while facing forward.

" whoa, cool " said Gon as he ran next to the boys right side and I ran next to the boys left side. " My name's Killua " " Hey their I'm Gon " " and my name is Y/N, so...killua do you think you could teach me how to use your skateboard ". " um...sure only if you give me something " I tilted my head confused. " ok...what do you want? " " not sure yet ". I giggled at his comment. He reminds me of someone I meant back when my parents were still alive, he taught me that you can never get anything without giving something back in return. He told me that we were in a give take world and that nothing is ever free.

Now I know what your thinking, my life is sad. I lost my parents then my big brother, if I am this unlucky my life has to be full of disappointments. But you'd be wrong, my parents loved me so much that they died for me. I lost them when I was 5, I don't like to go into much detail but I'll just say that they died right in front of my eyes. It wasn't the best of times but look at me now I'm blessed. I still think about my parents and big brother a lot, so much that back at home my village people would tell me often that if I don't let them go I will never be able to be truly happy. I'm not sure I agree with them though. I don't want to forget I want to remember my parents and my brother and remember the things that happen on that day every memory is precious to me good or bad. But I do have one thing my parents left me besides memories, it's a beautiful pendant I wear around my neck all the time everywhere I go even when I fall sleep.

It just feels like it's a part of my body now, but like I said before the memories mean just as much as my pendant however the pendant nor the memories are enough to keep me satisfied forever. That's why I'm on this mission to become a hunter and find my brother.

" Hey, Y/N, are you ok you seem to have spaced out a little bit for a while " I looked up to Gon to see the worry that was imprinted on to his face and smile. " yeah I'm find. " he smiled back relieved. " Me and Killua were talking about raising all the way to the finish sense were nearly their. " Said Gon as he pointed down. I saw that we were now climbing up a long stare case, whoa how long was I spacing out. " cool can I do it two? "I asked " of course, ready...set...go " we all said in unison as we started to run faster and faster to the finish line.