Chapter 6

At night, I couldn’t sleep. All the things that happened today, with Caleb and our time together were making me sleepless. I kept thinking about our walk back home, and our “tom & jerry” chase; well the latter was too tiresome! But I don’t know why, I felt good about it all.

I kept thinking how at the end he came back to tell me that he wanted me to call him. For a change, it was nice of him to say so. What am I saying? There is no nice bone in his body! He is rude and manipulative. That is all I know about him, and that is who he is.

I tried to close my eyes again and sleep, but I couldn’t. I tried to think of things that would make me sleep, but the only thing I could see was Caleb’s face in front of me. That moment when he had wrapped his hand around my mouth to keep me from shouting, the nearness, the electrifying sensations that went through my body, all those things were not letting me sleep. I wondered what he was doing.

I rolled over my bed towards the side where my phone was kept and grabbed it. It was 1:30 am. Too late! I wondered if I should call him now. Will he be angry? But he himself told me to call him whenever I have time. And now I had the free time. Oh! I have to stop arguing with myself. I wanted to call him. So I should call him. He won’t be angry, he has said so himself; well something like that!

I got up from my bed and headed towards the balcony with phone in my hand. First time I am going to call Caleb. I was scared but I was determined to do it. I took three deep breaths before pushing the call button on my phone. Three- Four- Five rings

“Hello” I heard a husky voice on the other side. Maybe it was a bad idea!

“Um.. Hi.. It’s me, Bella” I mumbled out, nervously.

“Bella?" His groggy voice rolled out my name for the first time and surprisingly I liked how it sounded. There was a short pause before he stated a bit harshly,
"Do you know what time it is? It's fcking late!” He grunted.

“You told I could call anytime, so.." I started,  a bit hurt at his behaviour.

“Go back to sleep” And before I could reply anymore, he disconnected the call.

I frowned at his ignorance and the change in his behaviour. I had gathered so much courage to call him, and he didn’t even care. It's not like I was dying to speak to him, but he was the one who insisted. And after what happened today, I thought he would be happy I called.
What was I thinking?! He doesn't have those kind of emotions.

With all the previous memories being washed away by this bad behavior of his, I went off to sleep.

The next day, I still had a frown on my face. Nina kept telling me what had happened after I left her alone and ran away. She and Jake went off to see a movie together and apparently, thanks to me, had a wonderful date. This frustrated me more so; I don’t even know why. Sean and Peter just went their separate ways as Caleb apparently didn't want anyone else to be bothered by me.

Suddenly I remembered what Mum told me in the morning. It was the best thing that could have happened in the last few days and I knew Nina would be as much happy as I am.

“Nina, guess what?” I cut her short on her date for last night, beaming with joy.

“What?” she looked confused.

“Noah is coming!” I stated cheerfully.

Just as she heard his name, she started screaming with joy. Noah is our childhood friend. He went away three years ago to study abroad and comes to visit us only for two days a year. Actually his parents died three years ago, and he shifted to his uncle’s place abroad. He comes only during their death anniversary, stays for a day or two with either us or Nina's family and then  goes back to his Uncle's place.

“When is he coming?” Nina asked, looking as excited as I was right now.

“Mum said he called to tell he will be here on 27th of March and will go away the next day. He didn’t get any more leaves from his school since they have some kind of exams during this time” I said lookinh disheartened at the thought of missing him even before he has arrived.

“Just for a day? That sucks!” Nina looked disappointed too.
We three have been inseparable since childhood. Gosh! The amount of memories we three have are uncountable. Noah is my bestfriend along with Nina and there were hardly anything that we three didn't do together as kids. It's really tragic that his parents died suddenly in a car crash. Noah wasn't with them and had been having a sleepover at our place along with Nina like every other weekend.
His parents were coming back from the other town when they were hit by a truck and both died on the spot.

“At least he will be coming. I just can’t wait to see him.” I said happily, shrugging the bad memories from three years ago when I had seen Noah cry for the first time. His parents were like my second home. They adored me so much. I lost them too that night.

The conversation went on about Noah for the rest of the time. When the lunch break started, we decided to go to cafeteria. I cannot stop going somewhere just because I know someone else will be there as well. Right? I had decided, that even if Caleb and I meet, I wouldn't bother myself of speaking to him after how he behaved on the phone with me last night. I told Nina what happened yesterday and she explained that maybe Caleb was deep in his sleep when I had called, so didn't want to talk.
Well, whose bestfriend are you, Nina?

There was no sign of Caleb or any of his friends in the cafeteria during lunch break. I don’t know why, but I was a little bit disappointed. Caleb bunks most of his classes and they have others places in school where the group likes to hang out. So I thought maybe they would be hanging out there.
I was half expecting Caleb and the group to be waiting outside of school like yesterday, but they were surprisingly not there as well.
It's not like I wanted to meet him, it's just that... Ugghh! I don't know..

Nina kept on calling Jake but couldn’t reach him. I on the other hand was glad that today I didn’t have to see that rude boy who thinks himself to be so popular and almighty.

Though I knew he wouldn’t call, but still while doing my studies at night, I kept on glancing at my phone. I had already decided I won’t call him, but what about him?

Why was I supposed to call him every time and not the other way round? Can’t he even call me and say sorry for yesterday? Such a jerk!

 That night I slept with my phone in my hand. Next morning, first thing I did after waking up was to check my phone to see if he had called or not. No, he hadn’t called me even once. I closed my eyes for a short time and let out a frustrating sigh. What was I even thinking?
Caleb Ryder wouldn't want to call me ever for anything!

Stupid Expectations!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment and vote..
Love you.. XoXo :*