Chapter 31

It's been a month since the family brunch at Caleb's house and all seems to have gone well that day. I had really thought something bad would happen, as warned by Cecile about their Father, but nothing of that sort happened. Actually, Caleb's Father didn't even talk to me. He avoided me as much as possible, which made Caleb quite happy, strangely!. His mother on the other hand is a sweet, charming lady whom I really wanted to meet, but even she didn't approach me, and the one time when she did manage to come and talk, Caleb took me away. I have really no idea what's his deal with his parents, but I will know it, for sure, someday!

We are all heading back to Noah's house after school. We as in, me and Caleb, Nina and Jake, Noah and Cecile. Oh, Cecile has suddenly changed her mind of going back to her Grandmother's place and has decided to stay here, I have no idea why. I had asked Noah many times, but he keeps saying he has no idea why, and apparently, they are a thing now! Can you believe it? I can't! When did that happen?!!

"Let's do a sleepover tonight" Noah exclaims while we head down the alley.

"I can't, I won't get permission" I say sulking.

"Me too" Nina chimes in.

"I don't mind, let's do it" Caleb says squeezing my palm tightly and winking at me. I blush freeing my hand and giving him a glare.

"Ugh! So despo! Get a room, you two!" Cecile walks past us.

"Don't worry! We will!" Caleb calls behind her.

Will they two ever stop fighting! Why does Caleb have a grudge on every single family member I have met? Or is it the other way round?

"Sorry" He whispers beside me, trying to hold my hand again.

"Why do you do that everytime?" I whisper back at him.

"She just gets on my nerves, am sorry, won't happen again" Caleb pulls me towards him, and wraps his hand around my waist. Not Fair! Can't even be mad at him for a minute!

We are all walking towards Noah's house when suddenly we see Tim, Rebecca and three other friend of theirs walking towards us.

"Well, aren't you people getting all cozy and all" Rebecca smiles devilishly.

"What do you want, Rebecca?" Caleb steps up, leaving me behind.

"Relax Caleb, we didn't come here to ruin your perfect date" Rebecca snarls, "Or maybe we came just because of that"

"Heard you people are all friends now" Tim stepps in, "Had to see it with my own eyes"

"Done seeing then?" Noah glared, "Now leave!"

Tim looks at Noah for a bit, then laughs, "Funny! How you should even talk after all this"

"Hey!" Caleb confronts, "Tim, whatever freaking problem you have, it's with me, stop messing with my friends!"

Noah and I both are taken aback by what Caleb said. He really considered Noah as his friend, though somehow Noah seems upset about it.

"Aww" Tim mocks, laughing, "He is your friend now? That's so sweet! In that case, I should be your best friend!" And they all started laughing. What does that even mean?

"Listen! We don't need any problems today! Just go away Tim" Jake shoves him away.

"Hey buddy! Neither do we" Tim says coming close to Jake, "But, you see, I hate when I'm being unfairly treated. And moreover, I need more money" He says looking at us.

"Money for what?" I ask.

"Exciting isn't it? Wanting to know everything that happens around you and trying to mind someone else's business too much?" Rebecca asks walking towards me.