Chapter 32

Three hours later we are all gathered on the illumunated corridor of our town's largest hospital. My heart race fast and every noise in the world seems to have shut out as I see him lying on the stretcher, hurriedly rushed inside the Operating Room. 

When he was brought here a few minutes ago, his shirt was covered in blood, he was unconscious and bleeding profusely from the back of his head. Noah had been lying in a pool of blood, alone, near the school's playground, when Mike and one of his friends found him and brought him here.

How could it have happened to Noah? Why didn't I see it coming? I told him to go look for Caleb, was it because of me? 

And still with all these thoughts, another terrifying thought crept in my mind. What happened to Caleb? Was he alright? And where was he?

Our parents rushed in as well as many friends of Noah. Cecile kept quiet with a silent expression, staring blankly at the door. Nina kept sobbing, confiding in the arms of her mother Georgina while my mother seemed to have grown a sudden hatered towards me.

"It's all because of you! It's all because of the bad company you have made. You dragged everybody with you, Bella. You knew this was gonna happen at some point, didn't you? I had already warned you about that boy, but you kept on seeing him. You were playing with fire, and now look what you've done. The poor boy is going through.... I.. I am never going to forgive you if anything happens to him" She choked as she angrily spit those words at me. My father took her away as she broke down fearing the worst.

Another hour passed by, with still no response from either side- neither did we get any news from Noah, and neither from Caleb. Mike was still here, waiting like all of us for a news. The doctor came out of the OR ten minutes later as we all ran up to him for answers.

"We did the best we could" The doctor replied wearily, "But, I am very sorry to say that he is in a very critical condition"

"What?" Geaogina askd.

"Oh my god!" My mother exclaimed as Nina and I exchanged glances of shock.

"He is still unconscious and we will keep him in ICU for further checkup. He had a massive blow at the back of his head, leading to internal haemorrhage. We can't say much now, until he wakes up. But don't worry, we are trying our best" The doctor assured us before leaving.

I broke down as soon as the doctor left. Tears densed my eyes, as today's incident replayed infront of me. Cecile was still sitting ideal, not moving a bit, and neither did she speak a word after coming to the hospital. Mike came over to me, comforting me and making me calm down,

"Bella, there's nothing we can do now, he was already so much injured when we found him lying unconscious. The cops would be here any minute now" Mike said, sitting beside me.

"Cops? Why?" I asked in panic.

"Surely, Bella! You understand that this is a police case, don't you? He was attacked, the cops will have to come and interrogate" Mike looked concerned.

I nodded and rested my head back on the wall, while praying for Noah's recovery. Another hour passed by as we all waited patiently for some update. Suddenly the doctor rushed into Noah's room. A few minutes later a nurse came up to us.

"The patient is awake now, he is looking for Bella" The nurse's eyes searched me, as I stepped up, "You are Bella? He wants to meet you,but please keep it short, he is very weak"

I nodded and smiled at the nurse, finally Noah is awake. I ran inside the room to see him lying on the bed with his head totally covered in bandage and tubes running all over his body. As soon as I saw him, tears started welling up. I went up to him and sat beside him holding his hand. His eyes opened slowly, looking at me with pain.