Chapter 15

"You were supposed to come to the park, weren't you?" Caleb asks me looking at me from head to toe and back up. Squinting his eyes over how I am dressed in Hello Kitty pajamas, he focuses my way without giving it a heed.

"I never said I would" I reply back, standing on the porch, keeping quite a big distance between us.

"Yes you did, last Thursday night, in your house"
I know that everyone in the house are poking their heads through the windows to hear what is going on here, and hearing Caleb was in my house at night wouldn't be such a good idea. Georgina would certainly tell my Mom first thing in the morning and thus my life would end at the tender age of sixteen.

Stop it Drama Queen!

I get down from the porch to come closer to where Caleb is standing, "Caleb, this isn't my house. Please lets talk tomorrow at school. This is not the right place"

"You didn't give me the answer, why didn't you come to see me?" Caleb glares, but his voice lower than usual.

"You know the answer. Noah is here, how many times will I have to tell you this?" I ask impatiently.

"Is he that much important to you?" He pauses and then says again, "I was waiting there, you know?" I could see his eyes soften as he said the last sentence out loud.

"You shouldn't have" My eyes softens as well, realising how terrible it had been for him to wait there all alone.

"I thought you will come"

"I had already told you, I couldn't. Why didn't you just listen to me?" And I walk towards him and to hold his arm in assuarance. He instantly flinches and pushes my hand away. His face makes a painful expression for a few seconds before becoming normal again.

"Don't" Caleb glares, "Why couldn't you listen to me just this once?"

Suddenly Nina's word flashes inside my head. Jake had told earlier that Caleb had hurt himself badly. Was it beacuse of that, that he flinched when I touched his arm?

"Caleb are you hurt?" I try to hold his hand again and pull up his jacket sleeve but he resents me again and pushes himself further from me.

"No, just answer my question" Caleb replies, pain noticeable in his voice more than ever.

"I have answered this fifty times over by now" I glare, "Just let me look at it"

"Why? Why do you even care? You didn't care when I was waiting for you at the park for so many hours!!" His accusition hit me like a dagger. I know I did wrong, but.... I step back in guilt.

"I am sorry, Caleb. Okay, If you don't want me to touch your hand, it's fine. But I can't talk right now. Everyone in the house is waiting for me to go inside. Please go now, we will talk tomorow" I turn around to head towards the house when his hand grabs my arm and turns me towards him.

"No, you won't go anywhere" His grip tightening around my arm.

"Caleb please, let me go" I whisper slowly.

"No, you can't"

"Don't create a scene herez Caleb. It's not my house. Please just go" I beg him literally, tears threating to fall off my cheek in embarrassment.

His grip loosenes slightly as soon as he sees my eyes. Slight hesitation from his end before he opens his mouth to say something.

"What is going on here?" I hear a familiar voice come from behind me. I instantly free myself from Caleb, wiping my eyes and turn around to see a confused Noah looking at Caleb.