Chapter 23

Okay, so I said yes. I said yes to become Noah's girlfriend. What else could I have done? I am the stupid one, going to him with my answer. I am stupid to not think of it this far. Obviously he loves me, so he will want me to be his girlfriend. And I had to say yes, because Caleb was hovering behind my back with his scrutinizing gray eyes, I had to. But.. Shit! Now I don't know what to do.

I have cried my eyes out last night, because of the humiliation I had to face again infront of everyone due of Caleb. But with time I realised it cannot be him, those innocent eyes that looked into me, and that eager heart that tried to reach out to me for forgiveness cannot betray me. It just doesn't feel right. Does it?

"Hey there x-bestfriend!" I hear someone call out from near the door as I sit in the balcony doing my homework. I turn around to see my only savior walking towards me.

"Nina, oh my god!!" And with that I run up to her and flung my arms around her body. Tears again dripping from my eyes which I had tried not to shed anymore.

"I'm so sorry, am so sorry Nina" I sob into her shoulders, as she tries to calm me down.

"It's ok, Bella, calm down, will you?" Nina pats my back and holds me tight.

"No, first say you forgive me? You didn't talk to me for two days, that rarely happens, you know that right?" 

Nina chuckles, "Yeah, now babe, just stop that running tap of yours, I just had a shower, you know?"

"You are so mean" I complain and pull away from her. I pull her to sit on my bed, "Nina, you don't know what has happened, I mean what-what has happened".

"Yeah I heard some from Jake, and some from bitchy gossip girls, fill me in the rest" She smiles sympathetically.

So, I sit with her, telling her everything from Noah's proposal, to the fight, the tutor and the library case and lastly my answer to Noah. After hearing everything, she just sits there, contemplating everything like she always does.

"So you said yes?" Nina asks after an eternity of thinking.

"Yes" I sigh, I have told her this like five times already.

"Great then!" She claps her hands in fake excitement, "Go and enjoy!"

"Nina!" I star at her in disbelief.

"What?" Nina says with a poker-face, "You chose Noah, you know that right?"

"Yes, but.." I hesitate.

"But, you don't love him, you don't even know that you like him or not, yet you said yes, just to show Caleb that you are better off without him?" Her face turns a bit serious now, which scares me a lot.

I gulp in realization of what a horrible mistake I have made, "What should I do now?"

"Nothing, stick to Noah for god's sake, I'll kill you if you hurt him even a bit, Bella" Nina glare even more, if that is possible her eyes would bulge out any second.

"I don't want to hurt him, you know that" I sigh heavily in defeat as I lay down on the bed.

"Then you shouldn't have agreed to his proposal, Bella" Nina lies down beside me, both of us staring at the ceiling, "You will only hurt him like this"

"How do you know that?" I ask. What if I start to like him.. maybe someday..

"Because you don't look at Noah the way you look at Caleb. You have had a crush on him since sixth grade, and I don't think it ever went away. God, Bella! I'm not stupid, and neither are you! You just are hurting yourself and both the guys in the decisions you are making! Just face the truth, will you?"