Chapter 27

Jake drops me home and goes away. After reaching home, I went straight up to my room since I got a good scolding from my mother about not being there at the hospital when needed. I knew Noah was no good at all!

And no, Caleb didn't try to stop me. I hoped that he would stop when I went with Jake, but no he didn't. Who the hell is this guy?!

I take a long hot shower before getting inside the warm covers of my bed. I am hungry since I skipped meal, but can you blame me?!. It's pointless crying now, though. I ruined everything. Everything! And Yes, I'm crying. The things I have been through, I wish Caleb could understand. I hoped he would! He cared about me, didn't he? I thought maybe he did.

The sobbing stopped when I heard a noise from my balcony. Immediately my heart skipped a bit. Deja Vu maybe!

It's past 12 in my alarm clock, and my parents maybe asleep by now. I switch on my nightstand lamp and pull the cover away to get up. Tip toeing out in the dimlight, I reach the balcony. My damp hair dripping a drop or two over my extra over sized T-shirt that i chose to wear today.

I see a pebble lying over the balcony floor and immediately know that I haven't guessed wrong. I look into the garden to see a figure standing and looking at me. In the dark, it's hard to see him, but it's Caleb for sure. As soon as he sees me come out, he takes out his phone, dials something and puts the phone to his ear. A few seconds later, I hear my phone ringing. I give him a weird look before going inside to recieve the call.

"Can I come up?" He doesn't wait for me to say hello.

"Why?" I ask in a soft, wary tone.

"I am coming up!" And he cuts the call.

I run out to see him jumping and reaching for the edge of the balcony floor. A few minutes later, he is standing at the door of my balcony, looking at me. He is just staring at me as he walks inside and the light falls on him.

"Oh my god!" I squeal, "What happened to your face?"

His one eye had a dark circular patch around it. His jaw was red and bruised, and his left hand was covered in blood. Terrified at the sight, I stare at him for answers as he stares back at me blankly.

"Did you get into a fight again?" I ask standing away from him and crossing my hands over my chest. He doesn't reply.

"Did you come here to say some thing?" Still no reply.

"Well, if there's nothing to say then you may...." I bit my lip. I don't want him to leave. But what good it be either, if he stays?! Just a few more minutes won't harm, will it?

"Let me bring the first aid kit" I say stepping forward, "As you know, I am good with nursing people's wounds"

"You are good with wounding them too" He remarked. Ouch! That hurts!

"Why are you here Caleb?" I ask stepping back again. Is he here to humiliate me more?

"Is it true?" Caleb asks stepping forward. His gaze intense than ever.

"What is true?" I ask, hesitating as he approaches me.

"The things you said, are they true?" He asks as he decreases the gap between us, "Did you really mean those?"

"If by those you want to know if I love you or not, then yes Caleb, I do. But you don't.." Caleb pushes me to the wall,

"How much?" He asks coming close to me. His eyes intensely staring at me.

"What?"

"How much do you love me?" He asks again, his nose slightly nuzzling my ear. I close my eyes as the unknown feeling of erotism churns inside me.