Chapter 30

Caleb sighs as he gets up to sit straight and then pulls me to sit closer to him as he makes me sit on his lap. I keep looking at him for answers as I see him finding it hard to explain himself. 

"Whatever I say, don't get mad, okay?" Caleb looks up to me with pleading eyes.

"Uh-huh" I squint my eyes in suspicion, "How many girlfriends do you have?"

Caleb looks at me dumb-founded at first but then burst out into a soft chuckle, "Is this the worst situation you can think of?"

"Well..." I just shrug.
What?  That's the best I could come up with.

"When I kissed you that day, it was just to shut up Tim. There wasn't literally a bet kind of a bet. Tim had heard me talking to the boys and was trying to... you know? He's a damned bastard!"

"What were you talking about?"

"Listen, Bella" Caleb shifts a bit in his place making me move with him as he holds me tighter, "We don't get along, me and my.. Father. So I decided to bring someone to this party who is exactly opposite of what he approves..." He pauses to clarify, "Bella, just listen, it was before I met you.. please.."

"Okay, Go on"

"Tim heard the conversation. He warned me that he will tell Rebecca about this. You know that Rebecca's father and my father are good friends, right? So, I always had to take Rebecca to every party or business gatherings my Father has. I am not sure, but I think they find it amusing that we will get along well and maybe this is why she got the wrong idea, because she proposed to me one day. And it was too much! When I refused she just didn't want to hear no for an answer. So, I had to find a girlfriend to make both Rebecca and Tim believe I already have one, and also to my Father, but Tim wanted to see the girlfriend right then and there. So, I did what I did and the kiss happened... It was supposed to be temporary and I had planned to just order you around and then break up pretty soon, that was the plan, but..."

"But?" I ask hesitatingly.

"But it went to a different direction" Caleb looks up and smiles at me, "Everbody feared me in school, atleast the girls would. And it was always good to boss around, but you... You just messed everything up. You made me so confused; sometimes you would run away or hide somewhere and other times you would get all angry, push me away or even slap me" I bit my lip and look down, "The worst day was when you didn't turn up, even after me warning you. You challenged my audacity, that was first of it's kind.."

"So, that is why am your girlfriend?" 

"Maybe, or maybe because you smell of some kind of sweet flower I don't know the name of" Caleb pulls me towards him and hugged me from behind. His nose nuzzles along my long brown hair, "Or maybe because your skin's so soft that makes me want to hug you forever or simply because I have to take revenge for the slaps" Caleb smirks his devilish smirk once more and we lose the track of time in the lavish room of his.

------------------------------

Noah's Pov

Wow! This house is way bigger than I can remember. I stroll around the vast corridors and then suddenly come across the room I am sure we used to play in when we were kids. It's not the same though. I can see a large piano accoss the room and a covered up guitar. She played guitar so well, I wonder if she remembers any of this.

"So, you were invited too?" I hear a voice behind me and turn around.

Infront of me Cecile is standing in a beautiful red short dress. I don't know what it's called but she looks stunning in that dress.