Chapter 19

"Noah, Noah!!" I yell after the long figure as he hurriedly walks past me in the corridor, "Noah Nelson, either you stop and talk to me, or I kick your ass right now!"

"Bella" He turns around in fake surprise, "I didn't see you there" Noah rubs the back of his neck while smiling feebly at me, "How you doing?"

"Seiously?!!" I cross my hands around my chest and glare at Noah, "You are going to ask about my well being now?"

"Bella, listen, I have to meet up with Kevin right now, see you later, okay?" And as soon as he turns around to go, I clutch his t-shirt and pull him towards me,

"Oh no! Not again Mr. Nelson. You aren't going anywhere anymore" I smirk at him.

"Bella, I am going to be late" Noah tries to free himself, but I manage to smack his head hard with my book so that he would finally stop.

"Okay, fine! Fine! What is it?" Noah scowls angrily, caressing his head,

"You are again avoiding me since the last two days and for no reason" I stare at him searching for an answer.

"No, I am not" Noah replies looking away.

"God Noah! You are a terrible liar!" I laugh looking at his peculiar expression, "Listen, avoid me as much as you can, but I just have to say one thing, I am not going to the party"

"What? Why not?" Noah stares at me in astonishment. 

"I don't like going to parties" I state.

"Is it the only reason?" Noah questions me.

"Yes".

"I don't think so"

"I don't care what you think"

"Listen, I have already made you my date, everyone knows about it, now I won't even find another one, please Bella" Noah pleads.

"If that is the only thing why you are making me go, then I can assure you, you will get plenty of dates by friday" I smirk at him, "Noah, you have already become so popular! Every girl is droolling over your handsome face, just go get someone"

"I don't want to go with them" Noah remarks softly, "Bella, come on! Don't be a spoil sport"

"Stop it Noah! I have already decided, I am not going" I snap at him.

"Bella..."

"Listen Noah, I really don't like going to parties, and the last party I have been to has given me a lot of  memories and a whole lot more complications. I don't want any more of those"

"But Bella, It's just a party" Noah comes closer to me, "And I promise, nothing out of the ordinary will happen, I will take care of you, I promise"

"Noah" I am suddenly taken aback by Noah's concern, "I really don't feel like going"

"Is it because of Caleb?" Noah flinches, a sight of anger sweeps over his face, "Is that the reason you don't wanna go?"

"No.." I hesitate before replying, "I feel uncomfortable in crowd among strangers, you know that"

"I know, but one evening won't harm you, trust me" Noah comes closer and holds both of my hands in his, looking right into my eyes, "For me Bella, give this a try"

His words in some way remindd me of Caleb, this was the exact way he wanted the relationship to work. I look up to Noah to see an exactly different and changed person standing infront of me. The past three years have maybe made him more mature, more caring for the people close to him. I smile at Noah, maybe he is just trying to cheer me up by not letting me lock myself up in my room for the rest of my life. But I hate to admit that I will not be able to stand and watch Caleb and Rebecca together. The reason I really don't want to go is because of Caleb, the way he is ignoring me is killing me inside.