Chapter 9

Nina took Jake to a game stall where one has to shoot five consecutive cans to win a prize. She kept cheering for him like crazy when he tried to shoot the cans down one after another. Even I got so excited that I started cheering for him too. There were four other participants, so you have to be the first one to shoot all the cans down to get the prize, else you loose. Sean and Peter were standing a bit far away with Caleb.

“This all are childish games, Jake, just give up already. As it is you are loosing terribly. It isn't helping you build up the right image Infront of your girlfriend, dude!” Caleb mocks from the back.

"Fck off, dude" Jake curses at Caleb before taking a very serious pose to concentrate back on those cans again.

“At least he is willing to try, unlike you” I commented, trying to motivate Jake along with it, even though I knew that Jake wouldn’t win this. He seems to be a terrible shooter, “You are just too afraid to even try” I look back at Caleb.

Caleb probably took this like a challenge and walks forward, takea a rifle from the guy on the other side of the counter, and within few seconds I see all five cans drop one by one in front of my eyes. All the rest of the participants along with me and Nina stands shell-shocked for few seconds.
"Jerk!" Jake curses Caleb to which I see Caleb giving him the middle finger before looking at me like he just proved a point.

I am still flushed in embarrassment when I realize a huge fluffy thing has been shoved into my arms by Caleb, as he walks away. It’s a teddy bear, well curse my luck, but Caleb won the game.
Awwww, this teddy is so big and fluffy, I already love it and also I want to hide myself somewhere for challenging someone like Caleb Ryder to a shooting game.
It's probably his favourite hobby.

The day went on as if it was Jake and Nina’s date night. They rode all the couple rides, and were always being so dramatic about their relationship, that at a certain point it became gross for us to tolerate them anymore.

And all this time, though I talked to Sean and Peter, I never spoke another word to Caleb. I didn’t even look at him thinking his stares alone can make me angry again. We all came in front of another couple ride named Love Tunnel. What? Again?

We decided that only Jake and Nina will be riding it, and we will be waiting for them on the other side. So when Nina and Jake got inside the tunnel in a boat, I start walking back to the group. Suddenly, Caleb starts to walk towards me, and without any word, he grabs my hand and pulls me towards the next empty boat.

He pushes me to sit down and himself takes the seat beside me on the boat, without even looking at me or explaining his actions. I am still dumbstruck when suddenly I realize that the boat has started moving, and was heading its way into the dark so-called love tunnel.

“What the hell? Why did you do this?” I exclaim in anger and surprise.

“Coz I wanted to ride this” Caleb replies calmly, still looking ahead.

“But why did you bring me along?” Still angry at him.

“'Cause, I wanted to talk” He replied.

Can he not talk to me outside? Why is the boat ride important?

“I have nothing to talk about” I say facing to the other direction.

Caleb takes my hand and turns me towards him, “What’s wrong with you?”

“What do you mean?” I ask confusedly.

“You know very well, just let it out now” Caleb say looking straight in my eyes.

I free my hand from his grip and turn away again, “I don’t know what you are talking about”

“Bella, don’t test my patience” His voice now more serious.

“Really? Oh, ok then, please tell me what are you doing?” My patience has worn out too.

“What do you mean?” he asks.

“I mean, what are you doing bringing me here? To this amusement park?”

Caleb looks away this time, “I wanted to”

“Why? Why me?” Anger boiling up inside me.

“Coz you are my girlfriend”

“Oh am I? How so? Do you even know what a girlfriend is?”

He looks at me for a few seconds before saying, “I don’t wanna talk about it now”

“Why not? Why do you even bother doing all this when you don’t have a reason, Caleb?” I ask in frustration.

“Bella, don’t over-react!” Caleb shouts back.

“I am not over reacting, It just, I am not up to this fake thing anymore!” I state.

“Fake?!!” Caleb grunts in anger.

“Isn’t it fake?  This relationship you are trying to build between us, what is the meaning of this? For God's sake, you didn’t even know my name when you kissed me, and yet I am your girlfriend? How is that even possible?” I ask in one breath.

“Bella, don’t say things without knowing the whole truth!”

“I know everything Caleb; I just don’t know why you are continuing with this”

“Bella, stop it!” Caleb’s stern voice doesn’t shake me one bit.

“Why? Why did you kiss me Caleb? Why did you want to make me your girlfriend? Why do you want me to call you when you only act like an arrogant d!ckhead all the time?"

“For the last time Bella, just stop it,,!!” Caleb’s rage boiling.

“I know the answer, I know that it’s just a bet, but I don’t know how long you are going to continue this, at least tell me, so that I can act along and help you get it done quickly”

“Seriously Bella! That is enough!”
Caleb pulls me towards him and smashes his lips on mine. Before I can realize it, his lips are forcefully caressing mine, and his hands holding me firm at my place, not letting me go.

I push him away with all that I have before he can make me go weak again. It's not happening this time!
I don’t know what came over me, but I am so angry at what he did just now, that without thinking I slap him hard on the face.

“Don’t dare to touch me ever again, and don’t bother to contact me, it's over!” I yell in anger as the boat came to the end of the tunnel.

“Bella…” Caleb tries to stop me, but without wasting another second, I get down from the boat and march up to Nina. I take her hand and walk away from Caleb and his friends, hoping to end this fake thing right here.

I hear Caleb call out my name a few times more, but I don't look back. This is the end of him bossing over me. I don’t want to do anything with him anymore.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

vote and comment.... :*