Chapter 11

English period seems to be a total blur. I neither want to listen nor concentrate on what Ms. Williams is teaching right now. The flashback of Caleb punching his hand on the wall is all that comes in my mind. The blood dripping from his left hand, his friends trying to stop him from doing it over again, and the... blood.

Oh god! Why did he do that? I have never seen someone do this before. I had heard that he was a badboy and was very aggressive with anger issues. But is this one of the reasons why everyone is so afraid of Caleb? Is he really that dangerous? I wish Nina was here today. I miss her. She is such a support for me, and whatever I witnessed today, I don't think I want to have anything to do with all this anymore.

English period soon ended leaving me with only one last class to go to. My favourite class- Art.
I enter the classroom where Mrs. Bloomwood, my art teacher, was already present. The art class mostly remains unoccupied, as few students opt for it. I look around the large room; it is a large room to accomodate 40 student or more, but hardly 10 people show up to the class.

I choose my seat beside the window as usual and start taking out all that I need for my art. I don't want to boast, but I am fairly good at painting, even Mrs. Bloomwood admits that. Art class is somewhere, where I can find peace within me. I forget everything else, and just concentrate on the thing I would paint. Mrs. Bloomwood is still busy with paintings submitted from previous class, so we all just sit there doing nothing and waiting for her instructions.

Mike comes and sits to the bench on my right side in the adjusent row. He gives me a polite smile and starts taking out his belongings from his bag. Each bench is quite big enough for two people to sit together but still as the whole class is more or less empty, we always sit alone, so that we get more space for painting.

"Long time Bella, how are you?" Mike asks after keeping his drawing sheet on the table. Mike and I are friends since I had started my art classes. Well that was a long time ago. He seems like a very decent boy, and genuinely kind hearted.

Well, I have seen very few people like him at school, not to mention whom I am hanging out with recently. Okay! I just went out with him only once, just once. And we were in a group, not alone like a date!
Stop talking to yourself so much!!!

"Hello? Are you okay?" Mike asks again and breaks my untrailed thoughts. Stop talking inside my mind, you stupid brain...!!!

"Yes" I smile hesitantly, "I am fine, what about you? Haven't seen you around for quite some time"

"I was with my grandparents at there hometown; it was like a family holiday" Mike replies with his charming smile once again. 
He really has a very cute smile though..

And as I am trying to keep my gaze fixed at Mike to compliment his smile some more, my gaze betrays me like always and stares at the figure entering the class at far. The long musculine figure, ruffled brown hair and specially the black jacket confirms my fear of seeing the boy I have the unfortunate luck of kissing twice. Yes! Caleb was here. But what the hell is he doing in art class? I have never seen him before. He enters the classroom and straight-up goes to Mrs. Bloomwood and hands her a paper and turns towards the class in search of something. 
In search of me..

Our eyes meet as soon as he finds me sitting beside the window. But I soon avert my gaze and look down to his left hand, he has bandaged the bruised hand before coming here. Thank god it's alright now. Is it? I hope it is.

Shut up Bella! why do you care?

Sorry.! 

"Hey, do you have a pencil? I forgot to bring mine" I hear Mike ask from beside me. I divert my gaze to him while it takes me few seconds to register what he is actually asking.