Chapter 34

JaeSoo’s POV:-

I was talking to umma when I suddenly hear someone came out from our room and slammed the door. He took a deep breath and plastered a fake smile on his face when he walk towards us.

“Oh, Minhyuk! Where have you been just now?”Umma asked him.

“I’m just putting JaeSoo’s bag in our room.”he said with a pained smile.

“Huh? Where did she go before this?”she asked curiously.

“She slept at her friends house while I was away yesterday.”Minhyuk lied to her.

I stare at Minhyuk signing a ‘thank you’.

He just smiled at me and nodded secretly.

“We’re back!”Suddenly I heard Appa and Donghyun oppa’s voice.

“Appa! Oppa!”I excitedly ran to them.

“Aish, this kid! Don’t run or you’ll fall!”Donghyun oppa teased me.

“Kekekeke...I’ve already warned her a thousand times hyung. But like all of us know, she’s hard headed.”Minhyuk laughed.

I  just chuckled a bit when Minhyuk said the true things about me.

Well, yeah. I’m not that angry at him but I still can’t forgive him after what he said to me.

I can see his smiling face when I chuckled.

His smile never fails to make my heart beats faster than usual.

‘I’m sorry oppa...I’ve to be cold to you...I don’t want to be too happy or I’ll end up having a heartbreak...’I whispered to myself.

“So, how’s appa’s little angel’s life?”Appa asked me while hugging my waist.

“Appa! I’m not a kid anymore!”I playfully hit his arms.

“Ah~Appa forgot that our little-I mean JaeSoo is going to be a mommy and gave us grandchild!”he teased.

That time, I suddenly felt my feet trembles when I remember about the labour pain I read on the internet.

I don’t know if Minhyuk can read my mind but when I was trembling, he came near to me and hold my hands tightly and whispered in my ears.

‘Don’t worry...I promise I’ll be by your side...’he tried to calm me.

I looked at him and smiled softly.

‘Thank you...’I whispered back to him.

He smiled back at me.

Somehow, my heart softened when he tried to ask for forgiveness a while ago. But still! I can’t forgive him yet!

“Why are we standing? Let’s take a sit and have a chit chat like we used too.”Appa said when he realized that the both of us keep staring at each other.

We awkwardly smiled at him and sit on the couch.

“So, hows life?”he asked.

Ok, that was the question I really don’t want to answer. I glared at Minhyuk signing a ‘help!’. He nodded and replied for me.

“Life? Its great! I’ve never felt as happy like this before!”he said with a smile.

Appa smiled at him and patted his shoulder.

“That’s good! I hope you guys will feel like this until the end of your life!”

‘Yeah, I hope so.’Both of us said slowly in unison.

I don’t really think that we’ll be happy in the mean time since what happened just now.

Minhyuk’s POV:-

“That’s good! I hope you guys will feel like this until the end of your life!” Appa said with a wide smile on his face.

Oh appa, if you know what just happened I bet you won’t say like that.

I look at JaeSoo who is still smiling I mean, fake smiling at her parents.

‘I hope so.’I told myself .

“So lets have dinner outside? My treat!”Donghyun hyung suddenly offered to treat us.

“Wah? Jinjja?? Yay!”JaeSoo cheered.

I can’t help but smile when I see her became cheerful like she used too.

“Lets go then!”I said and grab the car keys.

I cling onto JaeSoo’s arm and you can say that I dragged her to the car.

When we entered the car before the others she suddenly pulled her hand from my grip.

“Yah! What’s the big idea?!”she scold me.

“What?”I innocently  asked her.

“Spit it out Minhyuk! I know there’s something you’re hiding from me!”she asked suspiciously.

“What do you want to know actually?”I asked her again. And yes, I started to get pissed.

“About what you’re hiding from me!”she firmly asked me.

“Fine. Your umma will be staying with us until the 3rd month of your pregnancy. Happy now?”I answer her in a sarcastic tone.

“Bwo?! Why didn’t you tell me earlier you pabo?!”she starts to hit my body continuously. 

“You jerk! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?! Why?! Why?! Why?!”she starts to burst into tears.

“Yah! What’s going on here??”Donghyun hyung suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Both of us froze on the spot.

“Err...We’re playing a game?”JaeSoo lied.

Donghyun hyung looked at us in disbelief.

“Yea, we’re playing ‘hitting our couple.’ Hehehe...”I awkwardly laugh.

“Ok...”he looked at us and walk away from us.

“You’re so dead if he knows what really happened!”JaeSoo told me.

I know that! Don’t remind me of it!

“Yah! What were you thinking? Lets go!”Appa suddenly talk to me at the back of the seat.

I smiled awkwardly and drive the car towards our destination.