Chapter 9

Tension hung in the room like a thick cloud. Her eyes looked straight into mine and for the first time I felt cold chills go down my back looking at my mother. There was this sick feeling in my stomach like this had happened before.

A sense of nostalgia filled my body with a sense of foreboding. Strange. My emotions, yet again, were conflicting with each other and I had only just turned 15.

Werewolves grew up much faster than humans did. Yes, but right now, I felt like a newborn, who was still way too confused about life.

My mother shifted a little in her seat. This caused me to bring back my attention her 110%.

Our senses go into alert whenever we sense danger. My instincts were going crazy, that something dire was about to happen.

But what could happen? It was just my mother.

Mother.

What could she possibly want to do with me?

Despite telling myself this, I was still in high precaution mode.

"I love you," she stated with such normality, it had me taken back a little. "I would never want you to get hurt. When I found you with her, I was crushed. Did she reject you?"

My eyes widened, "How did you-"

"When I woke up to find you gone, I decided to search for you. It didn’t take me long to find you. When I found you, you had her wrapped in your arms. You were too preoccupied with her scent to notice me," her voice got harder with disgust and worry. "Now answer me. Did she reject you? The last thing I saw was you watching her leave with a dejected look."

"We didn't accept each other, yet." Technically, she didn't reject me.

My mother's eyes flared up, "She doesn’t want you," venom was dripping from her words. "You're my son, so I know that no one besides me will ever love you." Her voice went from hard to hysterical in a matter of seconds.

"Mo-"

"Let's go visit your father and brother. They loved us. They love you. We should stay with them forever, starting now." She said this too quickly and it took me a moment to comprehend what she had said.

"Stay?"

"Yes, they are far from us now but in a matter of minutes we will be there with them."

Out from her back was a medium sized silver knife with engravings on it in Lycan.

I stared in shock as my own mother lunged at me with a knife with a sole intent on killing me, as she silently whispered I love you.

I loved you too.

-----------------------------------

*Giselle POV*

As I rushed home, I could my heart telling me to go back.

When I saw him at the Nurse's office, I had intended for me to offer him to be a lone wolf. I knew how frustrated he was becoming with his mother, so I would have let him live on his own.

But that damn mark stopped me! I knew I saw that mark somewhere, and I was right. It was a seal. The three sharp edges coming out, I should've known by just seeing.

It was to obstruct power from criminals. It lowers your mental, physical, and emotional capacity, depending on how strong it was. And boy was it strong.

Just looking at it, I could see how strong the seal and the spell placed on it were.

But why would he have it? His mother had told him it was a birthmark, but how could it have been there since birth?

In the middle of the night, I decided to go to his house and demand his mother to tell me.

I mean the kid wasn’t a criminal. And I knew it was definitely no stupid birthmark. I mean really? That a birthmark?

Really, I wonder about him sometimes, though I do find his air-headedness somewhat cute.

As soon as I took the first step outside, I was mesmerized by a wonderful scent and started to follow it unconsciously.

Then I saw him.

At that moment I had never seen him so beautiful.

He wasn’t wearing those god-forsaken glasses.

His eyes were shining in the moonlight, with shock and love. They were marvelous; his eyes were a beautiful shade of green with gold flecks. His skin seemed to be glowing as I came closer.

When I saw the shock on his face of finding out I was his mate, I couldn't help but be amused.  He knew that I had known. I just wanted him to tease him; I never knew he'd kiss me.

I was surprised by his actions and how strong he was. I mean I don’t really think he ever worked out a day in his life. And the kiss…

It was so innocent yet passionate. I didn’t know how to describe it. I never knew a kiss could possibly be so deadly, but at the same time so…so naïve, almost like a tease.

When he spoke to me, I felt myself melt away. I don’t remember what he was saying or what had I said, but at the thought of his voice, I felt myself heat up.

I've never heard him talk like that. All I remember was him calling me sweetie and saying my name. I could have died at that moment, and I would have died happy,

My name rolling of his tongue in that velvety voice sent happy shivers down my back.

When I had realized what was happening, I needed to get away. I mean I wanted to get rid of him, but at the same time never let him go.

Therefore, I broke away from him and walked back. When he called me, it took me all the strength I had to give him a look I could usually do so easily.

I had to see him now. I'll wait a while before I go, just in case he wanted to rest a bit, after all we would be having a long discussion. I also wanted to ask his mother (demand her) to tell me about his mark.

I just realized I that maybe I couldn't let him go.

Maybe.

I mean, he was never trained. And I honestly still do think he'd be better off human. I mean he did have a thing for human girls…

My wolf growled.

I suddenly got angry at myself for saying that, not to mention a had a slight urge to rip Lacey's throat out and then put her body in a shredder, until she became unrecognizable pulp.

But other than that…

I was so confused right now.

______________________________________

Spare a vote?