Chapter 18

Unedited Chapter.

__________________________________________________________________

Tony POV

Anna had woken up yesterday. We didn’t push her to say anything, after all as strong as she was, Anna was still a fragile being.

Besides, I'd be damned if I let them overwhelm her when she was in this state.

Today, she told us what had happened. Her story was a little shaky, but we understood most of it.  She was confused, well actually, so was I.

Besides the fact that dear old aunty had attacked Rain and almost killed herself, that much was clear; everything else was somewhat fuzzy.

I mean, what's with the snake? And apparently there was a naked woman involved? Really?

It's not like I don't believe her, it's just the thought a shape-shifting snake woman with healing powers is kind of a stretch, but then again there are plenty of different creatures in this world. I mean humans don't believe in us.

I walked into the pack doctor's office. Everything in the damn place was white. It was large with big windows and I could see my aunt in one of the stalls, in a coma.

She hasn't woken up. Heck. She hasn’t even stirred. Her heart was still beating, though.

Anna was quietly reading her book in her own stall. The fluffy white pillows were pressed against her back as she sat up against them. She looked up and smiled at me.

That sweet stunning smile that always made my heart melt. I took in her wonderful tangy scent.

Her scent was a little more different than usual.It must be due to the stress she's been through.

I rushed up to her and took her in my arms bridal style.

"Tony, wha-"

"I'm so sorry. As your mate I should've sensed how distressed you were. I can't believe I slept through it." I felt horrible.

That night I did feel something. The feeling of distress was so small, I just shrugged it off. When I had found out what had happened, my wolf was pissed at me for not following my instincts.

Anna sighed, "Look, it's not your fault. I wasn't as freaked out as you may think! If I was, you probably would've felt it. Trust me, if I'm going to become a surgeon, it's going to take a lot more than that to rile me up."

I didn't feel that comfortable with her reply.

I sighed, "I guess, but I'm going to be with you all the time from now on."

"What? You can't be with me all the time." She laughed.

Oh, really?

"I know that. So that's why I convinced your parents to let us live together."

She stared at me in shock for a full twenty seconds, trying to register what I'm saying. I don't if it was out of anger or happiness, but she screamed, "YOU DID WHAT? HOW ON EARTH DID YOU CONVIN-"

She was cut off by the door slamming open to see a very pissed off Giselle. It wasn't the regular mad she usually had, which was already pretty scary, but was the kind of mad that I'd never seen her have before.

Her normally emotionless silvery blue eyes were blazing with a wild animalistic fire. Her teeth were elongated and sharp, just for the purpose of attacking.

She was ready to kill.

I instinctively put Anna behind me, ready to attack Giselle if need be. Naturally, male wolves would protect their mates from anything they found a threat, and right now it was her.