Chapter 13

For voting for most of my chappies and for liking the weird and twisted Giselle! :)

______________________________________

*Rain POV*

I hate her. I wish I could despise her with every part of my being, but I couldn't.

I wanted to. I really did.

Curse this mate bond to hell. Really? Destiny decided to line my soul up with her?! We're incompatible! The way she slyly tried to get rid of me was a good indication that we did not belong together.

Unbelievable.

Stop worrying about that.

I was shocked to hear my wolf talking as if he didn't care. I mean he was supposed to be heartbroken right? I did feel a slight pain from him, though.

What are you saying?! She was our mate. Our life. She was supposed to be my-

I couldn't finish. It was painful; way too painful to admit that one little fact. She was supposed to be mine, as I was supposed to be hers. Unlike most my age, I had always dreamed of the fact that I would find that one person who would understand me. The one that would never judge me.

The one that would love me even after death.

Mate or not, I wanted someone to love me for just being there… and I thought that person would most likely be my mate.

She was supposed to be my everything, I finally choked out to him. Now I had no one. Sure Tony was there and his mate Anna were nice but it wasn't the same.

Maybe it was the way I was raised as a kid.

When I was really small, my mother would tell me that if I ever found my mate, she would be my own personal treasure.

What a treasure she turned out to be. Yes, I am being sarcastic here.

My wolf was silent. I could finally feel it a little bit of what he felt. It wasn't sadness or disappointment.  

No, it was anger. I could feel him wanting revenge, though I knew we could never really physically hurt her. We would never want that, even if she was the one to try to kill us with a silver knife, we couldn't do it.

Not to her.

As I got to the house, I saw the door completely open and broken. Someone was definitely inside.

When I got in, I was shocked to see Anna sitting next to my mother, who had plunged a silver knife into her heart. She was desperately tring to soak up the blood. 

======================================

*Anna POV*

My family and I had planned a vacation to Italy. We were going to go away for a couple of weeks.

When I told my boyfriend- or mate (still can't get used to it) about this, he started complaining and making a fuss.

 He didn’t want me to go, making some stupid excuses that guys were going to hit on me all the time. I secretly enjoyed his jealousy, it was cute and hot!

We had planned this for a while now and maybe the fact that I told him I was going away for a while, all in one day (yesterday) was a bad idea.

Oh well.

Afterwards he called me, telling me he was going to come to Italy with me. He would be on a flight a day after mine. His parents caved in, just as they always do. He would come after Giselle's Birthday. I had already given her my gift beforehand and apologized that I couldn't make it, after all my parents didn't know about werewolves and the importance of Alphas.