Chapter 10

_________________________________________

Rain POV

The last thing I remembered was the silver knife plunging into my heart. I saw my mother sober up after realizing what she had just done.

Her eyes unclouded and were quickly filled with horror. I felt my body writhe in pain. It surprisingly wasn’t as bad as that spray Giselle had put on my glasses yesterday, but the thing is, this one would probably kill me...

I had spoken too soon.

My chest felt like it was on fire as I somehow felt the cut get bigger. My body fell with a loud thud. I blacked out as my head banged against the floor.

----------------------------------------

Giselle POV

I felt an awful pain in my chest. At first it was a slight, then it got bigger…until Bam!

I felt hellish pain not just in my chest but in my head as well. What the hell was going on?

I do not know, answered my wolf. Maybe it has something to do wi-

Someone slammed open my door. I immediately went into defense position, ready to attack.

"We need to talk."

I relaxed when I heard Tony's voice. "What do you want? I was a little busy, more importantly why are you here?!" I basically screamed at him.

"I found papers at your desk; I needed to talk to you about."

I narrowed my eyes, "You were looking in my desk?"

"Well when I saw Rain's name I thought I had a right to see it," he paused "I never knew you hated him that much."

"What are you talking about?"

 "You were gonna send him to the city, weren't you?"

Oh, so he saw that. Should I tell him that I wasn't going to send him anymore?

Or that I was going to send him away no matter what he said? I didn't want him to leave yet I did…

I was so confused not to mention this slight pain in my head and chest weren't helping matters. As a female with Alpha blood, I have never shown myself as weak, and I'm not about to.

"You want to talk, let's talk. But first let's look at the fact that were sneaking around in my desk."

-------------------------------------------------------

Rain POV

The pain was overwhelming. It was weird how I knew I was unconscious and all, but I still was somehow conscious to the pain and the darkness.

Pain coursed through my veins, like lava going at a hundred miles per hour.

Then suddenly everything just stopped. For a moment, everything was gone and numb. Even my own heart had stopped beating.

Was I finally dead?

Then suddenly I felt a warmth, like a white light shining on me. It felt good.

No, it wasn’t just good. It felt like my body was almost at peace with its self. Then a cool sensation hit and I could physically feel my body healing at a rapid pace, even faster than normal wolves.

The darkness around me turned white and then I could see everything clearly.

The place I was in was not my living. This place seemed more like a meadow with its tall grass, dark sky, and three moons…

Three moons…?

Where the hell was I?

I heard a low growl behind me. I turned around so fast I almost got whiplash.

I gasped at the wolf. When the wolf gazed at me, I saw shock in his eyes… my eyes.

I had never seen my wolf form. But looking at the silver wolf in front of me, I knew he was mine…he was me.

His- My fur had an almost metallic shine to it. It was exquisite.

"I never expected to see my human counterpart in the spirit world," my wolf spoke in a deep voice.

"Spirit world?"

"Yes, the spirit world. Each being has their own piece of land in this world. Most minds are linked here, but most can never come through. I honestly didn’t expect you to be here. I had wondered who was on my land."

"Why aren't you the least bit shocked about this?"

"Things happen. Why are you shocked about this?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

He paused, "You shouldn't."

He gave me exasperated look. Even though he was a wolf, I could still tell what his facial expressions were.

"Am I dead?"

He made a wolfy chuckle, "No, to be here, we both must be alive."

"Oh," was my brilliant response. Suddenly I felt a chill go down my inner being.

"You felt it as well?" he asked.

I nodded.

Master. Something called me.

Out of nowhere, we felt a presence behind us. I instinctively went into a defensive position.

When I turned, a giant serpent appeared from thin air. It was a beautiful sparkling marble white with crystal blue eyes.

"Master," it said.

_____________

Spare a vote?