Chapter 23

Hello, sorry about the long wait. I was redoing the chapters, and I had fallen in love with what I had written, It was almost like a completely different story. I loved it! But then for some reason the files are gone. After my computer crashed, there was no way to retrieve them. After that I was just depressed. And not to mention A LOT of unfortunate things happened that most don't know about and things I would never tell anyone.

But I'm back :)

Special thanks to xXxfreexforxallxXx who helped regain my confidence :D

Anyway, enjoy. As alway it's a rough draft for now.

_______________________________________________

Nothing could surprise me anymore.

I say this because after I had woken up from my... ‘mind’ lapse, Io here tells me over a year and a half has already passed. I had missed 16th year alive and was already halfway past my 17th. I honestly couldn’t care less. The world seemed like a better place.

It’s amazing how when I had awakened at first, the forest was strangely more beautiful than I had ever imagined it could be. I had spent about a month there in the wilderness with Io. Sometimes she would go into a nearby city to get food or clothes, but that’s all we ever needed. I felt as though I could stay there forever at peace.

Io had told me that I needed to get used to the world before I started adventuring out towards modern places; especially crowded areas. She said both my mind and body had to become used to be one. She was right. At first I could barely control my movements, and now I know for a fact I can run faster than most wolves. My body had started producing muscles rapidly. It was hard to believe, but the littlest of exercises like standing up, lifting things, or running helped produce new muscle matter. Considering how twig-like I used to be, I couldn’t help but grin.

“It’s only accelerating now because of the abruptness of your transformation,” Io said. “You’ll still be able to grow muscle in the future but not as rapidly. This should wear of very soon, maybe a few days.” And she was right.

Eventually the growth stopped being so rapid. I smiled.I wasn’t the Hulk, but I was satisfied. My physique was more towards the lean side, but I still felt I could beat jacked guy, man or wolf.

To be perfectly honest, I still have no idea what was going. But I was done questioning things. I’d just go with the flow and deal with it later.

“Rain.” Io came to beside the tree I was under.

“What’s up?” I answered half heartedly. I was looking up at the sky like always. It was almost sunset time and you almost barely make out the stars coming out.

“I think it’s time for you to start interacting with others. I think we should heed out to a city,” she replied quietly watching for my reaction.

I had known that this would come eventually. Even though it’s only been a month for me, if I round it off, I haven’t interacted with the outside world in almost a two years. I really didn’t want to leave this place. Ever. But who was I kidding? I’d eventually have to leave, and what if some wolves happened to pass by? Then what?

“Okay.” I said simply. I was reluctant to answer, but what would be the point of holding it off. I was already socially awkward. I could use all the practice I could get.

Io seemed surprised by my reaction but didn’t question it. She grinned. “That’s great!” she exclaimed, “Actually while you were passed out for a couple of months, I actually went out to a faraway city and got a job! Don’t worry, I left in a safe cave. I even found a cute place to stay.”