Chapter 17

Unedited...

_____________________________________________________________________

Giselle POV

"What do you mean he's gone?!"

The little dweeb was sent to me to tell me the news. He looked shocked at how angry I was. It seemed as though the little weasel was about to piss his pants.

"I-uh, some pack members saw his house while in patrol and found a large amount of blood on the floor. Tony's mate and Lynda Trueheart were found unconscious. Rain was nowhere to be found." He wanted to squirm away after he finished but I wouldn't let him get away that easily.

 "The blood?"

"Huh?" he answered confused.

"The blood, you bloody twit! WHO'S BLOOD WAS IT?"

"Th-they found out it was Rain's and his mother's, that's it, but Rain's mother looks unscathed."

 I paused. Then, how is her blood on the floor? Yes, werewolves heal fast, but if it was really a large amount than some bruising should be left, and that's just for normal wolves. Lynda's wolf is so unused, it should take much longer to heal, or if heal at all.

I saw her while I was taking my run and she took Rain home. Not to mention, I saw Rain literally a few hours ago. In those few hours, what could have happened?

The weasel's fear was shown in his eyes and it looked like the boy was about to cry.

Being the daughter of an alpha, I was used to the scent of fear, but today I was pissed off. I was just as strong as any of the male guards. From age seven to this very day, I worked hard at my training. I haven't missed a single day, I worked harder and better than any of the wolves, but I've always hated those who reeked of fear. It only made me feel like torturing them more.

The weasel tried to get away again while I was thinking. I could smell a large amount of fear in his scent.

Disgusting.

Wait. Scent.

"His scent!"

"Excuse me?"

I was getting irritated. Could this thing not speak English? He was sent here to tell me everything , yet this little piece of crap couldn't even do his only job right…

I grabbed in by the throat, squeezing it tightly, but not enough to kill, and just enough to talk. I spoke my question slowly and menacingly.

"Is. Anyone. Following. His. Scent?" I needed to know if a search party was sent out or not.

"His scent was cut off, when we reached the edge of the pack…"

"What?!" How could the scent get lost? Unless there was rain or some other type of natural cause, it'd be impossible. None of the bottles I made to hide my scent are missing either.

Who'd be able to do something like that?

In the midst of my thought, I saw my pack outside the kitchen entrance staring at me. Most looked scared, while others had excited faces and were waiting for me beat the living tar out of the little weasel, who's throat I was still holding in my hand.

I exhaled. I needed to calm down. There's no point in me losing control.

"Um, miss, I still have guard duty."

He just had to talk in the midst of me calming down. Hold on. He was a guard. The guards were supposed patrolling the perimeter at night. The guards that had duty right now had to guard from 2 A.M. to 9 A.M. so, how did anyone get out?

"You were one of the guards this morning?"

He nodded. (Well tried to with my hand still wrapped on his neck.)

"And you didn't notice anyone leave?"

"N-no." He paled. The thing was smart enough to know what was going on.

I smiled a fake smile. So fake, I bet my skin was chipping off.

"So you really didn't notice a thing, while you were on your duty?" I asked in the most sickeningly sweet  syrupy voice possible. It was so thick and heavy, the thing flinched.

He shook his head.

I lost it. I flung the thing into the wall so hard a hole broke through the kitchen wall straight into the living room. My pack members retreated away from me. They knew when I was mad. Being the Alpha's daughter, there were few to stop me.

If he wasn't a werewolf the guy would be dead by now, but I wasn't done punishing him yet. I dove into the hole gracefully. He was on the ground, still conscious.

I stepped on his arm that was just sprawled out next to him. I pushed harder until I heard a satisfying crack and then I twisted my 3 inch heeled boots on his skin.

All throughout this he screamed in pain. I was surprised he didn't do much more; he was tougher than I originally thought.

Rain POV

We left as soon as I had been given the last of the memories my mother had left me. But they felt… edited, like she didn't want me to know something and deliberately left it out. All I saw was how my father and mother met and the time she gave birth to John.

She didn't put in anything about my birth or anything else too personal.

Io said we had to leave, I was half expecting guards to come and stop us, but none showed. I wonder if it was Io's doing. I made sure to block off the mind link.

I had no idea where we were going.

I wonder if it’s a good idea to follow someone who literally only lived inside my mind for the past 15 years.

"I got out."

"Huh?" I looked up at her. We were now walking along a dirt road with just a couple of knapsacks.

"I meant my spirit would wander outside your body. That's how I know so much about this time period. I was more like a ghost, so I couldn't really contact you, but I know everything about you, Rain. Inside and out." She smirked that coy smirk of hers.

As we kept walking, I couldn't help but wonder what she really knew about me…

________________________________________________________________

Oh, Giselle. You maybe cruel, but for some reason I love you.

---------

So what do think of Giselle? Io? Rain?- I love tham all!

Vote/comment! Or even fan!