3

Skylar and I both woke up early the next morning. It had snowed a bit while we were asleep and we were covered in snow particles. He wasn't cold though. I woke up before Sky and as soon as I got up, he got up. I guess he wasn't a heavy sleeper which is a good thing for me. He must have felt me getting up from under his arm. "Morning," Skylar yawned then smiled with his crooked smile. That sexy smile that I just love.

"Morning," I reply getting up to stretch. He gets up too and starts staring at me while I stretch. "You ok? Looks like you're staring at me again."

Skylar shook his head and looked at the lake. "We should head to the cabin now."

"Okay,"

As we walked back though the lightly snow covered grass, I tripped over what seemed like an invisible rock to me. Before I hit the ground, Skylar grabbed my arm and waist then pulled me towards him until our muzzles were inches appart. I blushed and thanked him. He nodded and we kept walking in silence.

We approached the cabin and opened the door. Matilda Leaf, a purple died female husky woke slowly as we opened the door. Her hazel eyes blinked slowly in the light. "What are you two doing up so early?"

"Well... You see..." I started.

"Relax, it was a joke. I'm Matilda."

"I'm-" She cut me off.

"Ronny RedFox, I know. And Skylar right?"

"Don't pretend you don't know me just because I'm with a new camper!" Skylar smiled.

Matilda chuckled, "Well I might as well get up now. I have to set up tent for these other campers in the forest."

"Wait," I looked at her as she started getting up, "we're staying in the forest for the night? With all those insects that can bite, sting, and possibly kill?!"

"Yup! But don't worry, I'll protect you." Skylar said with his sexy smile.

Just like that, I felt protected.