13

"I'm sorry... I just can't..."

Skylar looks at me with a shocked look. "Why not? We could be together and happy!"

I sigh. "I'll tell you when I can. Just... Not now." Sitting up, I look at the camp that's on the other side of us and the lake. My back was cold from the snow. I took off his coat and gave it back to him. "Sorry..." He took it and I could see his paw shaking. He stood up and walked back to the cabin. He didn't say another word. I wished I could stay stirring in the cold snow forever. I started to cry and saw Matilda was on her way over. As soon as she saw me crying she started running. "What's wrong Red?! Why are you sad?" She asked in a motherly like voice.

"He asked me out."

"That's wonderful! Why wo-"

"I rejected him..."

"Why would you do that?"

"I have a good reason ok?! Just leave me alone for a bit. I have to think."

She left and through the cabin windows I could see Skylar crying and Matilda trying to comfort him. In the time that I had to think, I came up with a plan. It may not work but I might as well give it a try. I also had some time to cry too.

'Why did I have to say no? Why couldn't I just let him be my boyfriend?'

By the time I decided to go back to the cabin, it was sunset. On the way back, I wasn't even looking when I ran into an otter. He looked just as fit as I was and had baby blue eyes too. "Hey! Watch where you're-"

He looked up at me and blushed.

"Oh, Ronny! I'm so sorry!" He helped me up and I rubbed my head.

"I'm fine, don't worry about it. How do you know my name?"

"Oh I was the one that put your name on the card for when first got here. I had to see a picture of you and I thought you were kinda cute... I'm Kevin by the way!"

'Did he just say cute? Man and I thought Skylar and I were the only gays.'

"Oh well... thanks! Nice to meet you Kevin!" I blushed hard and he giggled.

"So what were you doing out here?"

"Um... Looking at the sunset?"

"RiIIight..."

I smiled. "Well it was great talking to you Ronny! Hope to see you at Furry High!"

"Oh you can call me Red and alright!"

I giggled and walked into the cabin where I saw Skylar sleeping. He was so hot. I climbed up to my bunk and headed off to sleep.