10

Author's Note:

I added a second paragraph to chapter 1 and you need to read it in order to get what's going on in the book cover XD. Sorry!

--------------------

The next day, I went back to camp. The doctor's said to just wrap up my arm and I'll be fine. Some furs thought I was stupid coming back to camp. Other furs at the camp praised me because I survived a stupid venomous snake. I was just glad I could come back to see Skylar. It had snowed quite a bit. I'd say about 2 ft of snow. Then again, I'm not very good a visionary measurments.

Sky was waiting at the camp for me. He was in a cute tight jacket. You could barely make out his abs. His white fur blew in the breeze and I walked up to him wearing my green sweater. Skylar welcomed me with a hugging embraces and I just laughed. "Glad you're feeling better buddy."

Ugh, he said it again. Buddy. I hate that word now, not because he said it but because he called me his buddy.

"Thanks pal..."

He let's go of me and I blush. "What's the matter little guy?" He asked. I just sighed.

"I think I'm just gonna lay down..." I walk over to my bunk and start tearing up. One I get on my bed, I lie down with my muzzle to my pillow and start to cry my heart out. I don't make sounds when I cry, it just gets hard to breathe. He must have heard my breathing because he came over to me. "A-Are you ok?" He touched my arm and I jolted it back.

"No. I j-just want to be... Alone," I reply and walk out of the cabin trying not to let him see my face. I sat by the lake near the cabins and held my knees to my chest. I stared into the frozen water that used to move freely and just sat there.

I could see my breath. it looked like very small and very fast moving clouds. The breath was sputtered out because I was crying. I was shaking and scared. I heard footsteps and immediately responded to them.

"Go... away..." Between each word I had to take a breath. Skylar just sat next to me as if I didn't know he was there.

My fur had tear marks on them. He stared into my eyes and said, "I hope you know you have beautiful eyes."

I was shocked that something like that would could come out of his mouth.

"I know something's bothering you and I know what it is. I'll stop saying it and-"

"It's not just that!" I said beginning to tear up again. My tears dripped onto the soft and cold snow. "I know you think you know what is bothering me, but you don't! You have no idea what could be on my mind right now!"

"I know I'm one of them..," Skylar said looking at the lake.

I looked at him. His arms behind him in the snow supporting his whole upper body from falling back. He did have big nice arms.

"Look, I'm sorry that I'm acting this way and I'm sorry that you had to deal with me. I think I'm just going to move again. I know you know I'm gay. I was bullied for being gay in my last town and now I have a lot of drama on my paws. I just don't think I can live with this."

"You don't have to live with 'this,' because you can live with me." There was a pause before he talked again. "I'm going back to the cabin. If you decide to stay come with me. If not, stay here." Skylar stood up. He took a few steps and paused. "I'm sorry too."

He walked off and right before he entered the door, "Wait."

I got up and jogged over to him. "I'll stay."