2

The man that I sort of recognized began freeing me when two more Russians walked in. I gasped at first which caused him to stop, stand, and start fighting again. He hit hard but it seemed like they hit harder. It was everything I could do to ignore the sound of cracking bones and knife slashing. I began wiggling my arms free after he loosened the knot letting me get a hand on things. After he was done fighting the rest of the mobsters that kidnapped me, he came back to check that I was okay. that's the first time it really hit me.

The harsh reality that everything I had was gone, it washed over me like crashing waves and I was drowning. I had no parents left, I had no life to get back to, I was all alone now. I was on the verge of a panic attack and was grossly sobbing. I could tell he wasn't sure what to do either, he stood in front of me, not saying a word.

A teenager that he had just saved from danger was crying profusely in front of him. He suddenly reached out to me, he grabbed my shoulder and pulled me close to him. He gave me a small hug that didn't seem like much at first but when I didn't stop crying he held me tighter.

At that moment I didn't care that he was a stranger, it felt nice to be in someone's arms. It calmed me down a little giving me reassurance that someone, anyone, was there. I stopped heaving and breathed almost even again. He backed away just a step or two but he kept his hands on my shoulders. I studied his face and could tell he was pondering something. I wasn't expecting it but he spoke, cutting through the quiet like a sharp knife.

"Everything will be alright I promise. I'm gonna get you out of here."

I heaved once more trying to catch the breathe I was searching for.

"I appreciate the sentiment mister but I don't know where I'll go once I leave here. It will be nice to get out but my home will be taken away from me. My dad is dead and I don't have a job that pays enough to keep the house up and still be able to survive on my own."

He paused for a moment, thinking deeply. Then he spoke hesitantly almost unsure if he really believed what he was saying.

"Why don't.... you come with me?"

"What?"

"Come home with me. I can give you a place to stay, it won't be much but you won't have to worry about anything. You can give me the low down if you'd like about your current situation but if you need help I'm more than happy to."

I paused and looked at him for a second. Not sure what I should do, was the devil of hells kitchen really serious? On one hand he was giving me a place to stay which is something that I wouldn't have shortly. on the other I had no idea who this man actually was.

"Really?... Arnt vigilante's supposed to keep their identities hidden or something..... I mean I don't know if I would actually know anyone to tell. But I also wouldnt want to impose on you. I'm sure you have a very interesting life being a hero and what not."

"It would be no imposition trust me and honestly once you see me in normal life you'd never even suspect I was. "

"I don't know, I mean you saved my life and all but.....I don't know know."

"It would make me feel better knowing you were safe."

"I guess I'll come with you. Just promise me you won't die, okay? I know how that stuff works and I don't want to come 'home' to a dead Daredevil."

He laughed a little.

"I promise."