30

I chatted with the two men when a different nurse walked in with a wheel chair. She explained that my body had suffered a lot of trauma and internal bleeding, which is why I had initially passed out. She told me that I couldn't walk so I had to be wheeled to the ultrasound room. Frank promptly stood and lifted me into the chair, kissing my forehead and glaring at the nurse. Before she wheeled me out I piped up.

"Would it be alright if these two came with me?"

She paused and skeptically looked between then.

"Is one of then the father."

I smiled and nodded yes, taking Frank's hand.

"I suppose he may join us, but for space sake I ask that he stays behind."

She pointed at Matt who sighed and sat back down.

"I'll be right here when you get back."

He sent me a reassuring smile.

"Pray for me."

°°°°°°°°°

Frank and I sat and waited for an OB-GYN to come into the room. It felt like forever but he held my hand the whole time. All I could do was study him, he stared at one spot on the wall and mumbled quietly to himself. When the doctor came in he snapped out of his dazed and squeezed my hang a little bit.

"So you're the one I keep hearing about."

Frank and I exchanged glances.

"You've been hearing about me?"

"A whole slew of nurses have been running around saying your name all afternoon."

I raised an eyebrow and let go of Frank's hand to rest mine on my upper stomach.

"I spoke to the doctor who performed your surgery this morning. He said I must be very careful because if any little thing goes wrong you could start bleeding internally. We don't want that so I just need you to relax and we can get started."

The doctor got the gel and the machine ready as I pulled my hospital gown up, leaving me sitting in my underwear. Frank just pulled his jacket off and laid it over my exposed lower half. I looked up and smiled at him before turning back to the doctor.

"Ready?"

I nodded yes which led her to squirt the gel on my lower stomach and move the machine around in it. I was cold and felt uncomfortable. When I looked over to the machine you could clearly see the hole the bullet had made. But you could also see the baby floating around in there. It was weird to think about. I just sighed in relief at the sight of the wound being fairly far away from it's head. When I looked at Frank he was staring at the monitor, tears almost in his eyes. He looked almost hopeless, I just grabbed him hand, making him look at me.

"Thank you."

He cracked a huge smile at me and let out a slight laugh sigh. The doctor just smiled at the two of us.

"Everything looks perfectly fine. As you can see here the bullet grazed up so there shouldn't be any damage to the baby itself. You may have problems convieving in the future because of the damage to the uterine​ wall but everything is all right at the moment."

"So I won't be able to have any more kids?"

"As far as I can tell from this, no. There's too much damage and if you don't have any problems with the rest of this pregnancy you could have serious nerve damage in the future. It could cause major convulsing and your body could kills itself or the baby."

I sat there, shocked at what she had just told me. If I have any more kids I could literally die, if it doesn't die first.

"On the other hand though, with this wound where it is you might not even be able to conceve ever again, there would be no problem with any future pregnancies because you essentially won't be able to get pregnant."

I nodded my head in understanding.

"At this point we won't know exactly until you give birth to this one, which could cause complications. But for right now the two of you are very healthy and you shouldn't have to worry about a thing until later down the line. And since you are about 15 weeks I can tell you what the gender is. That is if you want to know."