26

Karen's mouth hung open. She was trying so hard to process what she had just heard, which was understandable. If she had been standing she probably would have fallen flat on her face. She turned her gaze to me before closing her mouth and opening it again like a fish. She looked around to each of us, from me, to Frank, to Matt, then back to me.

"Your pregnant?!? Whose is it??"

I crossed my arms then looked over at Frank. She just pointed at him and let her mouth hang open again. She then closed her mouth and took Matt's beer from him. She looked it up and down before taking a huge swig of it and placing it on the table.

"I - I - I can't believe this."

I just walked over to the table and sat down next to her.

"I feel like your taking this a lot easier than I thought you would."

She looked at me with wide eyes.

"How long have you two been a thing?"

Her eyes shifted to Frank.

"A couple of months. We were just talking at first, he was helping me with my dad's case. Then one day it just sort of..... Happened."

Matt groaned and took another beer from the fridge before Popping it open and chugging half of it.

"You mean you dropped his case because you were working on it with.....him?"

I nodded my head.

"Yeah, well I mean I dropped it because we came to a dead end. Literally. It turns out that someone had it out for the man who killed my dad because he's dead too."

"But you know who it is? Or was?"

"Uh yeah, his name was James Wesley."

As soon as I said that Karen's eyes went wide and she looked like she was gonna be sick.

"You okay? You don't look to good."