19

When I got to Frank's house the door was ajar. He had to have made it there before me right? I was worried but then realized that it wasn't for him it was for whoever found their way in without his permission. I pushed passed the door finding blood drips across the tiles, leading to the living area and passed to his bedroom. There was a dead body behind the small couch and a few small puddles leading to his bedroom door. I pushed it open to find the bathroom light on and a furious and bloody Frank looking himself in the mirror.

"Care for some help?"

He looked at me in the mirror, nodded yes, then sat on the toilet lid for me to come fix him. When I got a good look at his face and bare chest it seemed worse than it was. He was bruised all over and was covered in blood. I grabbed the wash rag and wiped the blood away, gently getting in and around the gashes in his skin. He winced a few times but it seemed to be the one on his lower left side that hurt the most. His ribs were probably broken and there wasn't much I could do for him. The whole time i stood there i just listening to him breathe, even when his breathing caught in his throat while I stitched his shoulder. It was loud and unsteady but that made sense given the situation.

"How did it happen?"

He brought his gaze to mine and his breathing hitched again.

"The door was unlocked when I got back. I figured it was just you, being early to our little meetings like you usually where. I heard rustling around when I walked in and knew you would have waited for me to explain what I needed you for. when I got to the living room the guy had a hand full of file folders with your name on them. I grabbed him and it just went from there, you know, how it normally pans out. He had a Russian accent from what I cought."

I put the needle and scissors in the blood covered sink and leaned against the wall opposite Frank's sitting figure. All I could do was cover my mouth and close my eyes. I felt beyond emotional and kind of wanted to throw up. moments later Frank was standing, towering over me, placing each hand on either side of my waist. When I opened my eyes he was examining my face with concern. All I could do was stare into his eyes and breathe out the breath that I was holding in. That's when my phone rang, it played The Man Without Fear signaling that Matt was calling. Frank dropped his arms and stepped back so I could answer it. I walked out into his bedroom.

-

"It's not a good time Matt."

"I know, you'd call if you needed anything but I was worried about you. I just needed to know you were safe."

"I know Matty, I know, and I am, believe me but this really isnt a good time."

"Are you with whoever he is?"

"Actually...."

"Y/N.."

"I know, I just need some time."

"Alright, I trust you. Just be safe. "

"I will."

-

I hung up and when I turned around I was met with Frank standing over me and placing his hands on my waist again.

"Boyfriend trouble?"

"No, just.... Lawyer trouble."

He smirked a little at that. I put my phone away and he leaned close to me and started kissing slowly down my neck, rubbing his thumbs into my sides. My hands found their way up his toned arms and around his bare neck. When he sucked and bit at the base of my neck I let out a small moan. It didn't feel the same as last time, things were different, but it also didn't feel wrong either, even though it probably was. If Matt found out I was with Frank castle, not just​ meeting with him, but sleeping with him and him being the father of my unborn child he would kill me. A rush of anxiety ran over me all at once that caused me to push away from him. I ran my hands through my hair and turned my back to him. He walked up behind me and grabbed my free arm lightly.

"We don't have to if you don't want to. I just figured it would get your mind off of things for a while. You seem a little stressed."

I shook my head no and turned around to face him.

"Normally I would love to it's just that.... I've got a lot on my mind and I need some time to think, I have... to tell you something though."

"Sure, sure, what is it?"

"Uh let's go sit, trust me you'll need to be."

He let go and walked into the living room. I followed, looking at the body carefully, he seemed almost familiar. Maybe he was one of the guys that was present during my kidnapping but that didn't matter at the moment. I had to tell him. I just didn't want to.