6

Two months into living with Matt I finally convinced him to train me. It started with simple things like how to block punches and get out of someone's​ grip. When it progressed a little, he decided to take me to fogwells gym and train me properly. I was getting good at fighting and liked to believe that Matt wasn't actually letting me win. We trained for hours at a time on weekends before meeting up with foggy and/or Karen for dinner. Not always but being with them was a good change of pace.

When I first met them, Matt had brought me to the office with him. They were both very nice and very inviting. They both knew about his little secret which meant that they also knew that the Daredevil is the one who took me in. The whole month I spent sitting at one of their desks helping them with various cases. The most current one was an investigation about a shooting downtown. They all saw how insightful I was and put me with Karen on trying to find out little details. She took me to the Bullet with her to meet The chief and do some digging. He was nice and willing to help us out.

After being in the office at the Bullet a few times I took it upon myself to visit him by myself and ask him if he had any files on Fisk and the people who worked for him. He directed me to a small corner of the back room and told me I was good to go through anything I thought would help. When I came up with one small folder he let me take it and be on my way. When I left I called Frank and told him I got something small we could work on. As I made my way to his house I called Matt and told him I wouldn't be back to the office the rest of the day. He was a little iffy on the reason I gave him but he trusted me.

I walked into Frank's make shift house very slowly. I didn't want him to shoot me if he was in fact home. The door was unlocked so I just sort of figured he was. I found him on the couch looking through a few files and drinking a cup of coffee. He looked stern, scanning each page carefully as to not miss anything. I approached him and set the folder of new information on the coffee table.

"What's this?"

He set down the folder he was looking at and picked up the one I set down.

"Some newfound information on Fisk's right hand man. Ya know, not my dad."

he flipped it open and went through the few pages that were in it.

"James Wesley?"

"Yes and if you'll direct you attention to the bottom of the last page you will see-"

"Deceased."

"Yeah."

I sighed heavily and plopped myself on the couch next to him. He put the folder back and looked at me.

"So, what now?"

"What do you mean what now? Now nothing. He's dead, he's gone, there's nothing I can do. Looks like someone got their revenge on him and it wasn't me."

I sat forward, rested my elbows on my knees, and ran both my hands through my hair, gently resting them on the top of my head. We sat in silence for a moment. I could tell he was studying me but there was nothing to study. I just sat there with my fingers in my hair breathing.

"What if we found out who killed him?"

I sat up straight and looked at him a little confused.

"What do you mean? It wouldn't matter, he's dead. I guess I'm content with the fact that he can't kill anyone else."

He just shook his head no.

"Closure."