18

Six months in. I hadn't talked to Frank since I found out I was pregnant. It was only a few weeks but I guess it was long enough. I'd been to the doctor and found out I was only a month and a half along. It wasn't drastic but sometimes it felt like it. In the past few weeks I'd started getting morning sickness and craving some border line weird foods. Life went on as normal though, or at least as normal as it could get living with a vigilante. I still planned on helping Matt more on his current case just as I'd said I would. It was harder than expected and I kept coming up short handed.

°°°°°°°°°

We walked down the street, making our way to the Nelson and Murdock office. It was a breezy morning which made the air fill with food sents from various street vendors.

"Matt you know I'm resourceful but I don't think I could get a good handle on this case."

"Please Y/N just try. We could really use you for something like this."

"Fine I give it two more days and if we can't come up with at least one clue then I'm out. Besides Karen is way better at this stuff than me."

"It's a deal then, two days. If we find something, anything, then you help with the rest of the case."

"Fine."

as we walked on the wind started to pick up, I enjoyed watching it blow Matt's hair across his fourhead as we walked. We talked more casually about the upcoming case, and about what we would end up eating for dinner, and if Josie would let me into the bar after hours since I was nineteen even though I couldn't and wouldn't be drinking. I laughed at something Matt said when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into an alley. I was ready to throw a punch when I realized it was Frank. All I heard was Matt calling my name, hitting his Cane across the sidewalk frantically. Frank looked at me with pleading eyes and I was afraid of what would happen if Matt caught me with him. He couldn't know. I whispered softly hoping Matt's sonar hearing wouldn't pick up right away.

"I need to talk to you Frank, meet me at the diner."

Frank nodded and watched me find Matt from the alleyway. When I walked back over to Matt he seemed beyond worried.

"Y/N what the hell was that? What Happened​?"

"It's nothing, I'm sorry Matt. I had to stop walking but it's fine. I got a message from a friend who needs me."

"Is everything alright? Y/N?"

"I'm sorry Matt I've got to go, its a serious matter that I have to help take care of."

"Let me go with you, I could help. At least make sure the two of you are safe"

He grabbed my arm reassuringly.

"No. Um, no you don't need to, it's.... something I have to do alone. I'll call you if I need anything or if I can't come home tonight for whatever reason, I promise."

"We really need you on this case I hope you know."

"You and i both know that's bull."

We both laughed for a second.

"Give Karen and foggy my best, I'll see you later Matt."

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Please be careful, for at least their sake."

"I will, I promise."

With that I took off down the street, the same way we came from. I pulled out my phone and as I walked passed the alley I looked at Frank for a second before returning my attention to the message I was drafting to him:

'Don't go to the diner, I'll meet you at your place.'