4

I stood up and grabbed my knife off the ground, folding it and putting back in my pocket. I could only see some of his features from the street lamp at the end of the alleyway.

"I need answers from you Y/N."

"Oh God not this again."

I turned away from him, running my hand through my hair.

"I've been following the Russian mob for a while and the only move they made that didn't make sense was kidnapping you."

I turned back to look at him in frustrated disbelief.

"Who the hell are you?"

"That's not important."

"Um yes it is. You know my name, been following my story, been following me. I think I deserve to know your name."

He just smirked at me and laughed a little. Sure I was being childish but maybe he could give me answers, I needed to know his name.

"Fine, doll, my name is Frank. Frank castle."

"You mean like the punisher?"

He looked up annoyed before looking to the ground and placing his hands on his hips.

"Sure let's go with that."

I crossed my arms.

"Alright. Frank. What do you know about the Russians?"

"Why should I tell you that?"

"Because I need as much information on them as I can get. Since you know who I am I'm sure you know about the shit head that killed my dad. I'd like to put a bullet in his head just like he did to my pops. Ya know, if you wouldn't mind"

"Yeah I guess that's fair. But I can't tell you here. If you want your information your going to need to come with me."

"And how do I know I can trust you?"

"You can't."

He took off walking down the alley. I stood for a second trying to make my mind up but then decided he was my best bet. I followed him for a few blocks before coming up on a few​ run down houses. We walked up to the back of one and he popped the door open, leading me inside. Coming through the back door I was met with a plethora of weapons and what appeared to be a wash sink and laundry detergent. The plastic basin was covered in blood and a couple of wet shirts. Pondering into the kitchen and living room there was nothing but knives, hand guns, and file folders scattering the floor. The couch was almost completely covered and the small round table in front of it had no blank surface area.

"What is all of this?"

He looked up at me for the first time since our quarrel in the alley.

"Most of them are files about different gangs and murders and trials. Everything on the coffee table and the table over there under the window are about your.... Issue."

"That's reassuring. Where do we start?"

"We?"

"Yeah. You have all these files, presumably some of them about me, I've gotta go through them. I need to go through them​. It would be nice if you helped me look since you probably have an idea of what I'm looking for."

He looked at the floor and nodded. He walked to the table under the window and picked up the folder with the most papers in it. He looked at me before walking back over and handing it to me. When I flipped it open my eyes scanned over a picture of my dead father, broken and bloody. He was dead alright that's for sure. I flipped through a few pages then closed it. When I looked back at Frank he was studying my face.

"You don't seem the least bit faded."

"What did you expect? I know he was killed my someone working under Wilson Fisk. That's why I need this, I need to know the son of a bitch who did this to him."

"You don't want Fisk?"

"he may have given the order, but he's not the one who killed my only remaining family member."

"Huh. Funny."

"You see me laughing?"

"No, it's just, we have a similar motive but you could care less about the actual bad guy here."

"Again, Fisk didn't kill my dad, he had him killed. There's a difference. Besides if I go after Fisk I could die too and then I'd never fill my revenge plot."

I turned to walked out of his house when he stopped me for a second.

"Hey kid, if you need anything my number is on the inside of the folder. If I need you for anything you'll know."

I nodded and headed out the door. I walked another two hours to get back to Matt's house. I wasnt greeted by him when I arrived but he was sitting on the couch with his brows furrowed and his head resting on his fists.

"Y/N next time you go out for more than five hours please call me."

"Will do dad, but in all fairness I told you not to wait up."