25

We just looked at each other for a good minute before I decided to actually sit up. When I did I studied his face for something, anything.

"Do you really want a relationship with me? I guess I'm what the kids would call a murderer."

"Not by our kid."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I want our child to grow up with the best we can give it. And for me right now that means a little more than someone who's willing to be just a helping hand."

He looked down at his hands in his lap.

"So, you want a real relationship. Dates and..... things?"

"Yeah, I wanna be able to come home to my boyfriend and cuddle on the couch or watch a movie. Ya know, normal stuff."

"What, you don't think what we have is normal?"

"Not by any extent, no. Patching you up after a rough night out isn't exactly what I'd call an ideal date Frank."

"Alright."

"What do you mean alright?"

"Alright, let's do that then. Let's have normal relationship things. We can cuddle and watch movies and do 'normal' things like that. I guess I haven't been the easiest person to bond with."

I leaned in and kissed him softly. His hand rested on my hip and before I knew it I was on my back with Frank hovering over me. Suddenly there was a click of the front door and a gasp. When he pulled away both of us looked up to see a shocked karen and annoyed Matt. Frank sat back on his knees and I sat up to turn fully around and look at them. Karen closed her gaping mouth before speaking.

"Wh...  What is happening?"

I looked over at Frank who just stood up and looked at me.

"Yeah there's really no short way of answering that question."

I matched Frank and stood to look at the two of them. Karen just looked at Matt who made his way to the fridge to get a beer.

"Matt why is Frank castle in your apartment? And y/n why were you making out with him?!?"

I just looked from Frank to Matt then to Karen and sighed heavily.

"Karen, I've..... I've been seeing Frank for a while. I just didn't tell anyone."

"You mean, you've been with him this whole time? How many people know?"

"Just us, and foggy."

"Foggy knows?"

"Yeah."

She ran her hands through her hair and sat at the table.

"Is there anything else you haven't told me?"

"Yeah actually there is."

She looked at me with pleading eyes and I just turned my gaze to Frank who was looking at her. He turned to me for a second before speaking.

"Y/n is pregnant."