0 | Prologue

The house stood silent.

Rain pelted onto the roof from the outside.

One figure laid on top of another.

They were dead.

But not from outside harm.

No, they committed suicide.

Hagami stood above her parents at the age of five, silent tears rolling down her face. Thunder cracked from above, causing her to flinch slightly but didn't make her shift her eyes. A dark power surged through her eyes, she knew the Sharingan was blazing already. She could feel the mass amounts of despair and depression flowing through her veins already. A light rain showered the wooden floor near the door that she neglected to close.

"W-Why'd you do this? Okaasan? Otousan?" Hagami whimpered out in a raspy voice. Even at the age of five, Hagami knew why they committed suicide. Time after time after they returned home from a mission, it was evident they were nearing the ends of their ropes. Everything contributed to their last decision: the stress, the distrust between the Clan and Konohagakure, the growing disturbances within Konohagakure, etc. Finally, Hagami's parents had enough, taking their lives as a last resort to escape. This left Hagami without any idea what to do or how to proceed forward.

---

The next day, Hagami remained silent when she walked past anyone. People engaged in conversations, or tried to at least, but they didn't make it past a nod. A "hello" was nonexistent from her. Dressed the signature Uchiha shirt with the turtle neck also concealed a bit of her face, concealing the pain that others thought she was ignorant of. Her parents, Aki and Fuyu, both have told her that concealing the emotions was the strongest asset a shinobi could have; but others are portraying her as ignorant of her parents' death. And when she got to the Academy, it didn't get better. In fact, it got worse, especially with the students who were in the upper classes.

"Don't you care for them? They committed suicide and you don't seem to care!"

"But, I-I do-"

"Look at her. I bet she's happy her parents are gone. The Uchiha think they can do whatever they want anyways."

"I don't think that-"

"Maybe she's going to try to be the best in the class and brag about not having controlling parents."

"I'm not like that-"

"Ooo, look at her. Trying to cover up the fact that she's the reason her parents committed suicide."

"Yeah, I bet that's what. She's happy now they're gone but just putting up a façade. We should know by now the Uchiha are just a backstabbing Clan that only think about their pride and what not."

"They're no better than the rest of us. They also have creepy eyes! Who wants eyes that look like they're bleeding all the time?!"

Hagami didn't retort to any of them. Instead, she stayed silent as they wanted. Fighting back wouldn't be wise, especially against the upperclassman of the Academy. She walked into the classroom ignoring the rest of the insults before time was called and sat down at the window where she was designated at the beginning of the year. She was grateful that she was in the Academy, though it was her first year. But that didn't seem to matter, at least not to all of the Sensei and even the Hokage. Despite receiving the rude comment about her receiving the highest scores, they were right that she got high marks and this could boost her up to Chūnin quicker than most students.

They day at the Academy dragged on for a long time. The kids weren't much better like when she first entered. They were constantly poking at her, irritating her though she didn't lose her composure. So by the end of class, she left quickly and used a technique thought only to be used by some Chūnin or mostly Jōnin. It was the Shunshin no Jutsu (Body Flicker Jutsu) which was thought to be only performed by higher ranking ninja. But no, Fuyu - Hagami's father - had taught her before he passed on.