After Story | 5

"I believe this belongs to you?" Kakuzu had rapped his fist over and over on Hagami's door until she opened it at around 0700. Groggily eyed, she tried her best to glare at Kakuzu.

"And why are you waking me up this early in the morning? Today's my day off from my mission and I didn't exactly plan on it involving accidentally murdering an Akatsuki member today." Hagami growled flashing her Sharingan. She was at least twenty right now, or right around that age and she had matured ever so slightly. She retained her onyx hair as well as the onyx eyes though her eyes have narrowed slightly. Her figure has become more womanly too but not by much.

"Likely response," Kakuzu muttered and lifted a black cat that he held by the scruff. "I believe this belongs to you though." Hagami's eyes snapped open when she saw Kuro in Kakuzu's hand.

"Was he in your room?" Hagami asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes he was, and he managed to destroy Hidan's sheets so I got an earful this morning. He's a nuisance, keep him out of the base." Kakuzu seethed handing Kuro over to Hagami. The little black cat clambered up onto her shoulder and took his perch.

"He's not going to leave the base. He's my pet. So don't you dare make a move and kill him with my back turned. You may be an immortal, but I'll find a way to end your life." She hissed eyeing him down. Retaining her nature from Konohagakure, her love for anything she holds dear to her heart, she'll defend with her life.

Kakuzu gave her a glare that would otherwise make her shudder but in response to this, Hagami slammed the door on his face harshly. She stood there for a moment, trying to hear Kakuzu's string of almost incoherent curse words. Shrugging him off, she walked over to her bed where Kuro landed on the bed and let out a small mewl. Hagami let out a soft chuckle, stroking the cat behind the ears whilst looking out into the depths of Amegakure. The rain drowned most of the buildings from sight but just the scene was somewhat calming.

Being an S-Rank criminal in the Akatsuki held some comfort but every sudden sound or any sudden movement was enough to make the hair stand on end. There wasn't anything that could many any one of them remain calm for long because of a possible attack. A cold demeanor that shut everyone up lingered in the base quite often unless they were training or doing something of the sorts; just fighting in general relieved some stress. Missions required extreme caution as well as quick thinking. Suicide was a last resort to destroy any evidence but even that sometimes wasn't enough.

A knock on the door snapped Hagami from her thoughts and also made Kuro jump. Giving him a pat on the head, Hagami went to answer the door. She peeked out slowly and caught sight of her partner. She spoke in a tired voice, "If you're going to complain about Kuro, get out of my sight." She mumbled rubbing her temples.

"That's not what I wanted to talk about." Kisame retorted defensively. "Pein-sama said you haven't gotten out of your room for around two days."

"Yeah? So? What do you expect someone to do when they cough up blood in the middle of the night and nearly die if it weren't for medical intervention?" Hagami asked sarcastically and shot Kisame a glare. She was fully awake now, or at least for the most part and Kisame let out a sigh.

"Pein-sama wants me to get you back into your routinely training regime. After all, you and I have a major mission with Anashi coming up. He doesn't want you to be drained too much that you can't fight effectively, as in your skill in combat." Kisame explained, "He also wants you to be able to be the leader of us in the upcoming mission because you know your way around your home Village." His signature smirk crept onto his face.

I don't seem to catch a break. Hagami thought distantly and gave her neck a scratch.  She spoke, "I'll get ready quickly. Let me get dressed and I'll meet you at the training grounds."

Hagami usually doesn't take long to get dressed. But today was one of those rare days. She took her time as she put on a black, sleeveless kimono shirt with the Uchiha crest on the back and a pair of pants she tucked into the Akatsuki's traditional ninja sandals. She abandoned using her Akatsuki cloak, she had no need for it. Her hair was still lower-back length so she took putting it in an updo into consideration.

Yawning, she strapped her tantō around her waist and walked out of the base. Kuro didn't give off much of a chakra signature but Hagami was able to sense him and know he was trailing behind her.

---

There's always a time in someone's life where they aren't who they truly are. Their mind becomes warped one way or another but always to return to normal in most scenarios. Its a point of influence from an outside source. It's only a period, only a tiny year or two in someone's life, right?

Sasuke was beyond this reasoning.

He was beyond rational thinking for his older sister. She was a traitor, a stain on the Uchiha name. And there was no proof that she took a mission to relieve her of her ranking. There was absolutely nothing safeguarding her from what she had done. Only her words could back her up, and only few have witnessed her truth. And those few were less than likely to assist her. They knew how she thought, and for them to interfere would only injure her.

Sasuke let out a soft tch, "Otousan, when will Itachi be back from his mission?" He called from the backyard. Being the son of the Head of the Uchiha Clan meant that they had a larger area of room; and most of that room right now was dedicated to the rather small training grounds.

"Sasuke," Fugaku warned in a calm voice. "Itachi is a member of the Anbu Black Ops. His missions aren't as easy as your's while you're a Genin. But if you must know, he should be back in an hour if I had to guess."

An hour? Sasuke growled in his mind. That's too long. He spoke sharply when he walked into the house, "Otousan, until Itachi gets back, I want you to train me in new jutsu." His voice was monotonous and the chances of him having any emotion in his voice was quite rare.

Fugaku lowered the scroll into his lap and glanced at Sasuke. Their onyx eyes clashed as if they're fire and water. Fugaku hesitated momentarily that went unnoticed by Sasuke. He still has a way to go. Fugaku thought and began to roll up his scroll. He sat it aside.

"I will train you. But not in a new jutsu. You need to polish up on your skills, they're becoming sloppy." Fugaku clipped his tone enough for Sasuke to feel disappointed about himself.

"Hai," Sasuke growled begrudgingly. He stood up and headed outside before Fugaku could get to his feet.

Sasuke's training regime was beyond rigorous at times. Fugaku worried slightly for his health but nonetheless, trained him to become the Uchiha's prodigy just like Itachi. Ending in the hospital at times didn't stop Sasuke either from recovering quick and getting back to training. After all, his ambition to rid the Uchiha name of stains would become his reality.

---

Guys, I literally just wanted to publish this. I swear, it's short and rushed and I'm going to add more at a later time so it's more than...this.

But getting to that point of adding more will probably take a really long time. I'm on my second week of school and everything is stressful and annoying. I'm extremely short-fused right now and my focus is mainly on homework, quizzes, and tests.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm coming off rude but this goes for all my books right now that aren't completed. Updates will be rare unless I've done my homework and studied for the classes the next day and have enough time to actually write before going to sleep.

But aside from all of this, I hope you enjoy (: oh and this officially completes this book aside from editing.

-silent