3 | Wounded

"Go Itachi! Get to the shelter! I'll be right behind you!" Hagami shouted amidst the smoke and rubble of the collapsed building.

"Hagami! Where are you!" The girl surprisingly shouted.

"The two of you get to the shelter! I have to clean things up here! I'll be right behind you!" She ordered in a more stern voice.

"Izumi, we have to leave now." She heard Itachi say.

"But we can't leave Hagami here!" Izumi protested but Hagami could hear Itachi pulling her along the path toward the shelters.

"She'll make it out of this. Hagami's strong." Itachi assured soothingly as he and Izumi's protests to stay with Hagami began to fade when she began walking away with Itachi.

A sigh of relief passed Hagami's lips knowing the two of them would be safe with each other. But her on the other hand, she'd have to find some way to seal the wound on her back where the rock had scraped her when the shockwave hit. They felt deep but the pain was dulled from the slow loss of conscious; the pain was dulled but enough to prevent her from moving much. Reaching it for the limited knowledge she had on Medical Ninjutsu was also useless because they reached from her left shoulder down to nearly her pelvic bone. Healing it all at once was out of the question.

"Hagami? Hagami!" The voice calling her was easily recognizable and she turned her head up to see another Uchiha standing on top of the roof. He leapt down next to her, sheathing his tantō and put a hand on her shoulder (the one left untouched by the rubble). "What happened?" He asked immediately and hesitated to try to lift her up.

Hagami winced and whimpered quietly when his arm brushed past the wound but nonetheless, let him help.

"Itachi was trying to rescue a girl...named Izumi and I made it just in time to get her out of the alleyway but I got caught in a shockwave." Hagami answered and Shisui let her stand on her own once they got to a solid wall. Going to the shelter would be excruciating but Hagami slowly stumbled along. Shisui stayed near her, just in case she fell. "Itachi and Izumi are probably worried why I'm not at the shelter yet." She chuckled weakly and her small body finally gave out on her.

---

The next day, Hagami was taken to the hospital with the help of Shisui and Fugaku. The night before, Shisui had stayed by her side until Fugaku found the two because Shisui was afraid of causing her more pain if he carried her. Now laying unconscious in a hospital bed, Hagami missed the funeral where all of the ninja who perished in the fight against the Nine Tails laid peacefully. Her wounds have improved the slightest bit at least and her whole midsection and left shoulder were covered in bandages to speed up her recovery. From what bits and pieces she heard in the background of nurses running back and forth, she concluded that both Minato and Kushina perished as well in the fight. Their legacy, however, was still alive. They had named their child Uzumaki Naruto.

Construction was quickly on its way though. Two days after the incident and the villagers were already hard at work trying to reconstruct Konohagakure. Mikoto, Itachi, Sasuke, and Fugaku all went to visit Hagami in the hospital too once they got news that she was conscious again. Mikoto was overjoyed to know that she wasn't in a coma or dead when she entered the room. She saw Hagami sitting up in the bed, waiting for them to arrive.

"We were worried about you!" Mikoto snapped in a motherly way when she walked over to Hagami. There was a scary look on her face but it eventually melted into a compassionate one as she gently hugged Hagami, who eventually returned it genuinely.

"Hagami, I'd like to know why you didn't head straight to the shelters like all children did. You're seven years old and it was too dangerous for you to make a move like that." Fugaku scolded but there was a soft hint in the back of his voice.