17 | Opportunity

"T-The Anbu Black Ops?" Hagami asked surprised at the change of events. The Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushi Butai, or Special Assassin and Tactical Squad. They take their orders directly from Lord Hokage and no one else. Working in Squads is optional too, plus Itachi's within the Anbu too if I'm not mistake. I've been on too many missions out of the Village and then staying at my own home for too long to be caught up on everything. But judging by his outfit, he probably is apart of the Anbu Black Ops too. Hagami thought briefly over what she knew about the Anbu. "If I accept, I'd like to request that I work alone."

"I can accept that request. I already know your capabilities too and adding your Sharingan to the fray, whether you choose to use it or not, your skills are probably a lot more sharp than the last time I've tested you. In fact, you've held back there as well." Hiruzen tilted his head down and Hagami flinched. She scratched the back of her head sheepishly.

"W-W-Well, I did have trouble in the Ninjutsu portion. I failed that one." Hagami recalled tilting her head to the side. "Oi, speaking of which. Why'd you pit me against Kakashi. The only reason I saw was to draw the Sharingan out of me with another person using the Sharingan against me. I've pondered that for a while." A small sly smile appeared on her face knowing she was right.

"A-Ah." Hiruzen admitted. "Gomenasai (Sorry)."

"Daijōbudayo (It's fine)." Hagami laughed quietly under her breath. "So, when do I start in the Anbu?" She asked but the smile on her face didn't falter much.

"You'll start Monday. This'll give you a chance to tell Lady Mikoto and Lord Fugaku about your change in placement in Konohagakure. Unless you want to back out. I'll give you today and tomorrow to decide. Monday, tell me your final decision.: His voice became serious near the end and Hagami nodded. "Also, I'll be sure that you don't take any assassination missions. I'm still well aware that your records are clean. You haven't killed a single person yet." Hiruzen added with a touch of surprise in his voice. Her face of emotion began to fade into a serious one too and she nodded, almost pridefully, and began walking to the door. Before long, she ducked out to allow all the information that she was given today sink in.

I have a chance at becoming an Anbu Black Op. But then I'll be restricted to Lord Hokage's work. If I remain as a Jōnin, I'll have a little more freedom throughout the Village as well as other Lands or even in my own Clan. If I become a the Uchiha will start becoming suspicious of me...they're already suspicious that I have the Sharingan. Hagami thought and sighed. After all, Shisui and Itachi are already involved with the Anbu. If I join, there'll be limited knowledge outside it. Being a Jōnin is probably the best way to go if I'm going to keep watching over the Clan and Konohagakure as a whole. She thought it over carefully. Yes, she'd probably go report tomorrow to Hiruzen that she'd like to keep her place as a Jōnin of Konohagakure.

However, it was still early by the time she made it home. And Itachi was sitting on the step right before the door as he strapped his sandals on. The two looked at each other surprised; Itachi was surprised to see Hagami walking through the door because he thought she was still asleep and Hagami was surprised because Itachi was sitting there putting on his ninja sandals.

"Ohayo (Good morning)." Hagami greeted awkwardly and leaned on the doorframe with her right shoulder. She tilted her head a little to the left. "Off for another mission?"

"Ah, it's just to stop a boar in a nearby town. It's tearing up the gardens." He answered bluntly. But nowadays, it was normal for him to answer either vaguely or bluntly. Hagami could also see that there was a lot of stress on his shoulders too and she sighed. "Nani (What)?"

"How about you have Sasuke and I tag along with you?" Hagami asked giving Itachi a thumbs up. Itachi looked at her confusedly for a minute and then seconds later, he could hear Sasuke getting up, or possibly falling off the edge of his bed.