28.2 | Cooperate

Part III

The sun had reached its peak in the sky by the time Hagami had reduced a quarter of the Village into shambles. Half of the Uchiha Clan grounds were destroyed and a portion of the actual Village. She left many injured in her wake. But right now that was the least of her worries. The Uchiha Clan-well, those who could fight her-had her surrounded right now. Hagami could proceed past the first stage, the skeletal Susanoo, yet and she was running low on chakra too-she had used at least half of it using the Susanoo and she'd have to keep pushing in order to instigate the two sides. She allowed her Susanoo to die down, leaving her susceptible to other attacks now.

Her whole body ached. Not just from the Susanoo but also from her illness. It raged through her chest right now, causing her to feint to the right and then the left multiple times to avoid the kunai and shuriken and whatever other weapon that was being thrown at her. Her right hand grasped the fabric of her shirt in the center of her sternum in attempts to ease that pain. Her chest heaved up and down when the onslaught suddenly stopped. New chakra sources appeared behind her, and she shifted on her feet to look around. She was still on her knees so she had to look up to see. Kakashi, Gai, Kurenai, and Asuma were lined up behind her. They stayed a safe distance away though, along the rubble line where her Susanoo had pushed it. Behind them, masks of the Anbu Black Ops lingered, ready to strike.

If they'd just start working together- Her thoughts were cut short when she covered her mouth instinctively. A bout of coughs passed her lips and it was followed by a small amount of blood. Her eyes widened, she had taken her medication and thought the pain was only from her use of the Susanoo. But it apparently wasn't.

"Is she sick?"

"She was in the hospital for three days a while back."

"If she's weak let's strike her down."

"No, Lord Hokage said we have to work along with the Uchiha Clan if we have a chance." An Anbu behind them spoke in a raspy voice. "I've evaluated her on her Jōnin Exams. She's much more skilled than you think. She's fourteen but she's of Anbu rank though she declined the offer of being accepted into it. She's the prodigy of the Uchiha Clan alongside Uchiha Itachi and Uchiha Shisui. Rumor has it is that she can fight against the two and win."

"Speaking of the two of them, where are they?" Kakashi asked glancing around the Uchiha who're gathered on the opposite side of them.

"Itachi should be here soon. He had to speak with Lord Hiruzen. Shisui as far as I know is on a mission right now that was assigned two days ago." He answered. "We'll have to fair without them for now though. I'll go over to the Uchiha to warn them about her." He took out a kunai and leapt toward Hagami. She made no move to stop him though due to the pain radiated from her chest. However, she did watch with calculative eyes when the Anbu spoke with Fugaku. She saw his eyes widen slightly but nonetheless he nodded. He used hand signals and in an instant, the Uchiha merged with the Anbu Black Ops and they formed a ring around her. Kakashi and the other Jōnin spread out too throughout the group.

That's when the onslaught began again. Shuriken were thrown by the Uchiha, tripwires attached and their Sharingan activated. Hagami narrowed her eyes, refusing the activate her Sharingan though. She leapt clear out he way of the shuriken and drew her tantō. She saw the sun gleam off the tripwires so when she got close enough to them, she swung her tantō and severed them completely. The next round were kunai and an occasional paper bomb was attached them them. Just as they closed in, Hagami's watched for the ones to with paper bombs and evaded those that didn't.

Her Sharingan appeared in her eyes when the paper bombs closed in; they had lagged behind. Since Hagami's hands were gloved, though fingerless, she wrapped her hand around the handle of the kunai and stripped it of the paper bomb. Taking out one of her own kunai, she stuck it around the handle of that one and there it back in the other direction. An explosion went off seconds later. The next paper bomb she merely leapt away from whilst the next, took out another kunai and hooked the paper bomb kunai by the hole at the end. She swung both away from her and it exploded near Kurenai.

Leaping up now that their onslaught had stopped momentarily, she used Itachi's technique. Taking out six kunai between her fingers, she threw them once she was upside down in the air. She flung them and a second round to cover more area. She took out four kunai neck, two in each hand and threw them too. They clanked against the kunai that were already thrown which collided with the others and sent them going a different direction. A couple of the lower level Uchiha were hit but not fatally and one Anbu who was caught off guard was hit too in the shoulder. The rest were able to evade the simple formation.

"That was Itachi's technique...not exactly but that's was his." One Uchiha whispered to Fugaku. "What do we do now?" Fugaku looked around to see another round of Anbu approaching as well as Hiruzen. He was in his battle attire, something not seen very often.

"Everyone, lure her away from he civilians! If we can get her away from the Village, it won't sustain any more damage than it has to." Fugaku spoke aloud to everyone in the area. "We'll also have more room in order to attack. I we miss, we won't be hitting anyone other than trees."

Hagami narrowed her eyes but hope flickered in them. She saw ninja preparing a jutsu behind her, a Wind Style Jutsu to be exact. She awaited its blow and took it straight on with her arms crossed in front of her. It was enough to send her into the air but didn't do much to harm her. They were getting her close to the Village walls and then eventually over them so they wouldn't have to fight her within them. Two Anbu members appeared on either side of her on her decent down. Each of them had a kunai and swung at her. Hagami surprised them however when she lifted her hands up. She grappled each of them by their wrists and held their attacks at bay. Hagami heaved a big breath before spinning her body with all her strength. She managed to send the two off of her but not flying. They landed safely a few feet away from her.

When she looked up, more Anbu have joined and Fugaku and Hiruzen stood side by side. The Uchiha and Anbu gathered together as well a the Jōnin, who kept showing up as well. Hagami saw Chūnin approach the matter too.

Fugaku raised an arm, signaling the Uchiha to strike when Hiruzen suddenly grasped his wrist. Fugaku gave Hiruzen a stunned look and spoke, "What are you doing? This is our chance to eliminate the problem."

"Wait." He spoke simply. "If you're just going to send the Uchiha in for the final blow, then you're being foolish. Sense her chakra levels right now. She's concealing it." Hiruzen noted glancing down at her. She stood patiently with her weight on her left leg. Her tantō had been long lost back where she first was so she was left without her main weapon-she had kunai to back her up at least. "We'll attack together, everyone at once to drive her out. If we keep fighting her pointlessly right now she'll wear us our instead. If we combine our attacks as one then she'll have no choice but to flee. We'll also be able to avoid exerting too much chakra."

Fugaku glanced down at Hiruzen. He was right. When Fugaku surveyed the Uchiha around him, those at a lower level were already panting from the onslaught they had performed when Hagami still have her Susanoo activated. Even some Jōnin looked to be a little drained. Fugaku announced, "We'll attack together," he began and allowed Hiruzen to take over.

"Jōnin, spread out with your respected Chakra Natures. Anbu Black Ops, pair up with them. Uchiha, pair up with Kakashi and Asuma unless you have a chakra nature other than Fire that you can perform with proficiency. Those who don't want to use jutsu, hang back until the first wind is finished. If Hagami is still conscious and able to fight, be prepared to strike her with any kunai or shuriken you possess. Those who don't have any weapons left, leap down once the second wind is finished and use any Taijutsu you may have against her."

"Remember, fight fluently with one another. And watch each other's backs as if you're brethren." Fugaku added on and his arm raised up high for the second time. "Ready, go!"