9 | Sharp

Itachi knew that Hagami possessed the Sharingan and vice versa. The two have practiced with each other as well, sharpening and honing their abilities. Shisui joined in once and a while but the practice wasn't the least least bit fair considering he was one of the strongest Uchiha in the Clan already.

Itachi and Hagami's fists clashed together at the training grounds. A shock rippled through both of their arms and they leapt backward. Regardless of the aftereffects though, they charged forward once again and then crossed legs then fists again but at a different angle. This time they didn't feel a shock through their arms. When Itachi pulled back, Hagami drew back her fist and then plunged it forward. Her Sharingan was sharper than Itachi having had it for a longer time and she was quick enough to strike before Itachi could block. However, she stopped her attack right before it collided with Itachi's cheek, allowing the small air current to radiate off and sway his hair.

"You're too slow on the uptake," Hagami noted as her Sharingan died down. "You may have fluid movements but your ability to react is slacking."

"Ah," Itachi murmured out of breath. They've been training for ten minutes straight and it was all close hand-to-hand combat. And Hagami didn't make it easier hence she threw any precise attack she could as fast as she could.

"But you're making excellent progress." Hagami assured when she took a seat. The grass brushed up against her hands and wrists and it calmed her nerves slightly. Tomorrow marked the start of her exams and she was getting her last minute training in. Itachi took a seat next to her, and then followed her line of vision toward the sky. The clouds didn't cease to shift into new objects or creatures. "How're conforming to the Sharingan's power? Are you surprised at all?"

"A little. It allows me to move faster and, normally, before the other person." Itachi answered and looked down at his hand. "It makes the strike so much more accurate, and," he brought his hand up to partially cover his eyes.

"It's a lot to handle?" Hagami finished for him.

"Ah."

"You'll get used to the power of the Sharingan. It took me until I was six, so a year after I obtained it, to finally become accustomed to it."

"But you weren't able to practice it as much as I am. You had to keep it secret and out of people's minds that there was even a possibility that you had it." Itachi retorted. Hagami looked over at him and her lips pressed into a thin smile.

"I guess that could of affected it too." Hagami chuckled to herself. "But still, I'm worried about what'll happen if I unlock the Mangekyō Sharingan. According to what they say, it grants the user unbelievable power but at the cost of that one's light." Hagami's voice wavered slightly at the end and she activated her Sharingan. Her vision became sharper and more keen to the world around her and she could only imagine how much the Mangekyō Sharingan would enhance her vision, or the myth of using the Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan said to be used by Uchiha Madara.

"What will you do if you get the Mangekyō Sharingan?" Itachi asked curiously.

"I'd probably never use it unless I truly needed it. I'm in no rush to lose my light. Besides, what'd be powerful enough to awaken my Sharingan to the next level?" She asked rhetorically.

"Onēsan, there's always a chance..." Itachi drifted off and Hagami's eyes darkened slightly. The two knew exactly what Itachi was referring to, and it's been evident for the past months.

"I know, the Uchiha Clan is growing restless." Hagami whispered and she brought her knees to her chest. It troubled her to know that there could be a civil war within Konohagakure. And this alone could provoke a war between all nations. "Let's just hope that it doesn't grow to something like that."