1 | Sasuke

Hagami passed the Academy by the age of six and became Chūnin in by seven. She stayed at Fugaku's home for quite some time, dropping in regularly and staying at her own house from time to time. She greatly appreciated the generous offer that Fugaku had given her when she stayed at their place. She also discovered that they had a five year old son named Itachi. The two didn't connect right away and merely stayed out of each others way. But about three months after she arrived and stayed at their house frequently, the two formed a bond too strong to be broken by anyone.

But at the moment, Itachi wasn't home yet from the Academy. He was five but he was also a prodigy like Hagami has been. Though the funeral for the ones who had fallen during the War was held today, Itachi had ducked out as soon as they got home; and he still wasn't back.

"May I go out and look for Itachi, Otousan? He's not back yet." The word still felt weird on Hagami's tongue to call Fugaku her father. Fugaku seemed to pick up on this too and turned to her.

"If you're uncomfortable calling me your father or Mikoto your mother, you don't have to." He told her gently. Hagami shot him an apologetic look and Fugaku quirked a brow. Not just at the expression she gave him but also her attire. She was wearing the signature Uchiha shirt - which has the fanned out turtle neck - and pants but also her ninja gear, which she didn't exactly need if she was going out. "Why do you have your gear?"

"In case something happens. There isn't a lot." She said patting the ninja holster around her thigh and Fugaku nodded. Hagami nodded back and then ducked out of the house. She took to the roofs first, searching out Itachi's chakra signature which she had memorized the moment she met him when Fugaku brought her into the house. In fact, she memorized all of their chakra: Mikoto's, Itachi's, and Fugaku's in that instance.

She found his chakra signature off to the right, toward a training ground and steered herself in that direction. The gates of the training grounds were high, probably because the difficulty level was beyond that of a Genin but that didn't stop Hagami. She merely stopped, looked around, and used the tip of a senbon needle to pick the lock. Before she turned to continue looking for Itachi, she locked the place back up to make sure no one was suspicious.

Hagami landed in a nearby tree to Itachi. She was concealed but didn't let the other Uchiha detect her presence. Even when Itachi was two years younger than Hagami, he was already learning how the shinobi world worked, just how she was now. She sat back as he stood at the cliffside, pondering his next move.

There's no meaning...in life? Itachi asked himself after going by Orochimaru's words. He was unaware of Hagami sitting in the nearby tree as he fell forward off the cliff. Hagami, who was sitting in the tree had pushed off and out of the shadows. But instead of letting her be seen by Itachi quite yet, she waited at the edge of the cliff to hear him.

The sound of a crow.

Then the sound of a kunai.

Itachi had changed his mind about half way down and Hagami barreled over the edge after him. She was trained to use the chakra in her feet already so she ran down the cliffside, the gravity making her go faster. But she still didn't let Itachi see her, not yet partially because she was worried he'd panic and actually fall. Instead, she watched his safety from a distance and saw him using two kunai down behind him to slow his fall toward the bottom. It slowed him enough that he was able to roll and land safely, or at least on his knees without receiving any major injuries like a broken bone.

As Hagami also neared the bottom, she slowed herself to a jog and walked up behind Itachi.

"No one wants to die, right?" She heard Itachi talking quietly to himself, well to the crow. But before Itachi could say anything else, the crow shrilled and flew away. Itachi got to his feet to attempt to follow it before the first crow brought back its family. They swirled around Itachi, making him turn around a few times to try to follow them. "You guys..." He spoke to the crows quietly but when he held out an arm, most of them flew off in different directions. Only one stayed and ended up actually landing on his arms near his wrist. Itachi brought the crow closer to his face to look the bird in the eye.