After Story | 1

Hagami hung just outside the Land of Water for a while but stayed secluded and away from any populated area. There were nearby mountainous ranges so she took shelter there. She stayed inside a cave most of the time, only making an appearance outside when she needed to. But right now, she could feel clearly that she was being called for a mental connection throughout all of the Akatsuki members. She appeared in the dimly lit room and realized she was the last to join.

Pein started off the conversation bluntly, "Biwa Jūzō is dead."

"Oh my, and he was your teammate, Hagami-san." Orochimaru drawled out in an oozy voice.

"The Jinchūriki of the Three Tails killed him." Pein also added which only fueled Orochimaru's conversation toward Hagami. He still craved to obtain the Sharingan.

"Which means you took on the Mizukage and came out alive?" Orochimaru quipped though he knew the answer, "Impressive." He oozed again. Hagami turned her head ever so slightly to glare at the man beside her. "With all due respect, Hagami-san is left without a partner right now. May I?"

"It's true that Orochimaru is also left without a partner right now too." Konan mentioned. "The two could work alongside each other. After all, they are from the same Village." A drip of venom lingered in her voice.

"That's fine Orochimaru. Hagami, do you have any objections?" Pein turned toward the Uchiha to see her shake her head slightly. "You two will be partnered from this day forward. Be sure to finish your missions." He turned forward again though he was addressing the two of them. The meeting continued on for a good thirty minutes more. Hagami only picked up what she needed to hear, she could piece together whatever information she got later. They were dismissed when it was broad daylight and Hagami looked toward the exit of the cave. She sighed deeply realizing that it'd probably be a long walk in order to meet Orochimaru half way. She wasn't looking forward to working with the snake either. Hagami knew his ways and knew his wants: strike when the opponent least expects it and gain immortality.

Hagami's vision had restored itself with the rest she's given her eyes. Two days since the incident and she was seeing quite well, as seen when she approached Orochimaru from the top of a stairwell located in a small town between the Land of Fire and the Land of Lightning's borders. Orochimaru walked from the bottom and Hagami started stalking down from the top. Her eyes turned crimson upon approaching Orochimaru and they stopped at least two steps apart. Hagami glared into Orochimaru's eyes, flashing her Sharingan against his.

"You and I both know that I'm not thrilled about this arrangement," she hissed. "But I'll cooperate as long as you do." Hagami let out a quiet sigh and she began walking around Orochimaru. But as soon as she stepped down the step after him, her movements were bind. Her eyebrows raised slightly at the snake coiled around her body. It hissed when she glanced up at it from above. From another person's perspective, it was clear that Hagami was quite small for the snake nearly swallowed her within its coils.

"Do you know what eternal life is, Hagami-san?" Orochimaru asked and the snake around Hagami tightened itself. However, she remained still, unfazed by the snake's actions nor Orochimaru's.

"Before you pull anything, take a good look at yourself." Hagami suggested calmly and Orochimaru's eyes widened. The Genjutsu Hagami had casted over him was both a makeshift reality whilst she stood stationary in her place and a Paralysis Jutsu meant to keep Orochimaru where he was if he was to break free of the first Genjutsu.

"I-Imposible! Have I fallen for a Paralysis Jutsu?" He strained to say. His muscles twitched, trying to get them to move. But that was impossible so long as the mental stakes were running through his body in the actual Genjutsu. Hagami watched him struggle, her eyes crimson and daring him to break free. "What an incredible visual prowess...all the reason to want it more..." She gave him a second glance and walked forward as he began to weave a hand sign. Hagami drew a kunai swiftly when his hands almost touched and she swung it in an upward motion. With it charka infused, she was able to clear his arm, severing it from the rest of his body.