6.2

I walk through the front door and the first thing I see is Jay, in all his naked glory, sitting at table with a concerned expression. A guilty looking Madison sat to his left, feet kicking out under the table, zico to the right: it was plain obvious he didn't have the foggiest as to what was going on.

Jay started:

"Look, I don't want you to think of this as an intervention..."

"I don't know what that means."

"By definition, when a group of loved ones band together to help or discuss another." Zico chimed in, interlocking his fingers and leaning forward. "Sit down."

I studied each one of them closely, an eyebrow raised in query, "and you're my loved ones?"

Jay winked, "you know it. Anyway... I found something in your stuff today..."

"Why was you in my stuff anyway?"

"I lost something..?"

"Right."

To change the course of the conversation, he leaned under the table to retrieve and small black box and instantly, humour began to stop inside me as he slammed it onto the table.

It was a box of old detention slips.

"I need to know... are these true..?"

Zico looked at me with a grin and Madison stared at the box, puzzled but amused. Jay on the other hand, held up a slip of paper and said:

"How many times were you in detention!?"

"Eh-"

"Better yet!! Why for these bloody reasons!!?"

I laughed out loud, unable to contain it as I caught sight of the word tortoise in scribbled writing.

"They're real, and the one you're holding is one of my best."

His brows knitted together and he turned the detention slip so that the writing was facing him, Zico watched on in anticipation and Madison's eyes watered from where she had already read part of it and was trying not to laugh.

"'Jordan is in detention today for putting a banana condom on our class pet (the tortoise) and presenting it to the class saying "safe sex is key to reducing the abomination known as the human race"'

Zico and Madison burst out laughing, clearly wondering why I was having an intervention for a couple of detention slips, and even Jay's rock solid expression was lightening with a grin.

"I think I'll read some more."