3. Nothing Awaits... I Hope

Serri's POV

The next day school day, I don't see the group of boys that helped me out yesterday. I let out a sigh of relief when I walk into class. Since the guy named Jin said we had the same schedule, it would be a bit awkward to face him, and let alone face all his friends. Later in the day, I take a stop to the bathroom, and two girls come in; I quickly hide in the stalls. Then, unconditionally, I hear them gossip.

"I can't believe BTS goes to school here! I'm so happy now. My life here is so complete!" She lets out a satisfied sigh.

"Isn't that right? Too bad they're not in our class. I would be staring at them all day. They're just so hot! Do you think I can get one of them to date me?" Now, this girl lets out a grievous laugh.

"Of course you can! You are the prettiest girl in school. And if you date them, then you guys could become the most popular couple here. But too bad they're not in school today. Do you think it's their schedule? They are idols."

I have a hunch that they were referring to them. Did they really not come to school because of that?

Wait... Why do I even care?

"Probably. Lets talk to them when we see them after the weekends. Anyone of them will do for me," the girl snickered.

"What guy can reject you?" They both laugh, and their voices echo, and eventually, I don't hear them anymore. I let myself out of the stall and walk back to class. Thoughts begin to crowd in my head.

So they were actual idols... And they're in my class... And I met them..

Does that explain why they were so handsome?

I stop in my tracks and shake my head. Don't get caught with them, Serri!

I look down at my right leg and see the bandage on my knee. The pain sub-sided yesterday when I left school, but it still hurts. I stare into it; the memories of them helping me resurface into my brain.

I walk back to class with a tiny smile on my face.

_________________________

When I get home from school, I immediately finish my homework. With extra time to spare, I decide to go on my computer to look up those group of guys and confirm who they actually were.

I searched 'BTS' to what those girls hinted earlier. I clicked on the website that had their profiles. The similar faces of the photos made my eyebrows raise in surprise.

It's them.

It's totally them.

My head slammed against my keyboard. "You're so stupid Serri. Why'd you make a fool out of yourself?" I let out a loud fake cry in despair; I'm so pathetic.

"HEY SHUT IT WON'T YOU?!" I hear someone's voice scream. I lift my head up and see random letters typed in the 'Search Box' on my computer. I look around my room and remember it's just my obnoxious neighbor.

Because my parents got a promotion in America, they left me here with my aunt because they knew they were going to be very busy to watch over me. But my aunt is rarely home. She works in a bar, so I have no idea what she's getting herself into. She checks up on me here and there though. As always, I'm alone.

With my disbelief that they were really idols, I didn't want to know the truth until I saw them. Actually, until I heard what those girls said were true by other people at school. I am not taking a step near those guys ever again!

Since tomorrow was the start of the weekend, I stayed up late to finish the book, "Alice In Wonderland." I had a shelf filled with books with many different genres: adventure, fiction, non-fiction, science fiction, fantasy, etc. I like books because I could go on an adventure with them. Going to a mysterious place and explore. Find and meet characters I wished I could actually be friends with. Those who were willing to comfort me when I need them.

I was at the part where Alice stands her ground against the King and Queen of Hearts, but I dozed off before Alice had a chance to wake up and find out that all her adventures at Wonderland was all a dream.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"

"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."

"I don't much care where -"

"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

_____________________________________

I wake up the next morning and got ready for work. I got a job at a café to waste time for myself, but it was only part time. I found my aunt wearing a tank top and some pajama shorts, reading Vogue magazine on the sofa.

"Oh hey, you're here," I nonchalantly said.

"Huh? Oh, you're awake. Yeah.. I decided I should check on you after a few days of leaving you by yourself." I looked at her for a few seconds. Did she not realize that she left me alone for the whole summer when my parents left?

"That's nice of you Auntie. You want me to make you breakfast?" I asked.

"Sure, thanks. So anyway, how was your first day at school?"

"It was fine. Any regular school day," I lied.

My aunt got up from the sofa and walked over to the kitchen to make herself some coffee. "Oh shucks. I thought something interesting would happen. Really nothing happened?"

I faked a smile and said, "Yeah. Completely normal." My aunt cautiously looked at me.

"Hm... I'll find out you're lying to me one day." I just continued to make breakfast.

"When I went to that school, the most craziest things happened to me," my aunt remarked while we were dining down our breakfast of egg toast.

I coughed and choked on my food, taken aback at her statement. When I came back to my senses, I said, "What do you mean?."

"Oh well, you know high school moments." She waved her hand in the air. "They're always so dramatic."

"How so?.."

"Boys, girl drama, relationships, so and so. I even caught the school's kitchen on fire before. It was chaos," she let out a light laugh while staring at her food, remembering her times in school, "but it was still fun." She looked up to me, "You better live your life instead of reading all day, you hear me?"

I smiled. "Yes ma'am."

I lied again.

___________________

Annyeong chingus! After so many days of testing, I didn't have time to update. But since it's currently Spring Break, I should be writing more. Since I've been trying to write, my eyes tend to dry out because my eyes are glued to my screen, so my creativity level is down the toilet. But I'm trying to my best! Although this chapter isn't much, I promise the next chapter will hopefully get better!

Thank you for reading!

Please vote, comment, and follow!

JJANG! ^^