7. The Opposition

Serri's POV

The same routine played on again for the next few days. I managed to do a good job in avoiding them, but I still didn't have the possession of my blazer.

I walked through the hallways where a few people where here and there. My whole attention was at the window, this time not at JungKook, but a girl and a guy talking one on one. The conversation, I was assuming, went on like this:

Girl: Um.. I've liked you for a long time... Will you please go out with me? (She bows 90 degrees in front of him. Her face probably scrunching in hope while her face is facing the ground).

Guy: Uh... I'm sorry (Touches the back of his head awkwardly but smiles at her to eradicate the awkwardness. The girl stands up and looks at him, holding back her tears). But I prefer to be friends first. (They stare at each other for the longest time until he returns the 90 degree bow and holds out one of his hand, making the girl offer the acceptance of his friendship. She smiles and her sadness is gone)

Girl: I'd love to.

I scoff at them. Being friends with the person you like would have to be the stupidest thing ever. If I could draw you a chart of the impulsive effects of it, I would, but in my tendency, I have to write.

Someone suddenly appears right next to me, and I stumble a bit because it caught me off guard. I'm surprised to see Yoongi right next to me. He's gazing outside of the window where the boy and girl are still there. "Confession, huh?"

"Yeah..." I said, still looking at Yoongi until I turn to the window.

"Who confessed?" he said.

"The girl," I simply said.

"So they're friends now?"

I was amazed at his quick interpretation. "How'd you know?" I asked. We were both looking at the window, standing next to each other like mere strangers.

"They're still keeping their distance. Simple as that. You can see how the girl wants more, but the burden on her face which she's hiding shows that being friends is all she can get while the guy cluelessly doesn't know anything." I nodded in agreement. We turned silent, still looking at the pair sitting on a bench and talking.

"One-sided love sucks," Yoongi said out of no-where while turning his head the other direction from where I was. I looked down there too. There was, surprisingly, the girl I lent my blazer to. She was talking to a guy, laughing and playfully hitting him. I looked back to Yoongi and saw how burdened he was.

For me who has never experienced "love," I didn't understand any of it, so I couldn't say anything comforting to him. He turned back to look at me and gave me a smile. "Nice watching a heartbreak with you! I'll see you in class then." And he walked away.

Actually, we both witnessed two heartbreaks.

*************************

V's POV

I take the time to walk the trail by myself that was outside. As I look around, a girl bumps into me, dropping her books.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" she exclaims while bending down to obtain her belongings.

I bend down to help her and say, "It's fine." When I reach out to grab her notebook, our hands meet. I look up at her, and she looks shyly at me, and then she grabs the notebook rashly and organizes her stuff. I get up, and I see her long, curly brown hair bounce elegantly as she stands up.

"Thank you..." she says.

"No problem," I say.

We stand in place for a quick moment until someone suddenly calls out to her, "Eun Mi! What are you doing?!"

She darts her eyes to her, and she says, "I'm coming!"

"Goodbye!" she says to me while giving me a slight bow. And I could only wave back at her as she runs away.

I let out a sigh and continue walking. But I see a small journal still on the floor; I bend down to reach for it.

"Hey!" I call out, waving the journal in the air, but I figured she was too far away for me to hear.

I guess I'll give it to her when I see her again..

Just then, I see Serri walking down the trail in the direction where the girl went to. I sense that she saw me because now she starts cutting the field to avoid me. Instead of doing the same, I jog up to her.

"Serri!" I call out to her, but she only tries to walk faster. "Serri!! Wait!" I jog faster and grab her shoulder to stop her and turn her around.

She looks at me real quick until she says, "What?"

"Can I make a pre-order?" I say slyly.

"Pre-order?"

"You know, your café place. I can tell everyone to com-" She suddenly covered my mouth with her hand; she looks around if anyone heard. There was no one around, and she took her hand off of my mouth.

"I don't want anyone to know I work there," she says. "It's a nuisance."

"But it's still okay if I come?"

She suddenly looks angrily at me. "You know what happened when you left last time? All these people came tearing at me after you blew your simple 'sunglasses' cover."

I didn't realize... "Sorry."

She scoffs. "Say sorry to my favorite pen that you were writing with. I had to play tug-a-war with someone for it."

I laugh, but Serri was staring at something pass me. I turn my head slightly and see a small group of girls looking at us.

"Just... Don't tell anyone I work there," she says as she turns around away from me.

"Alright, alright," I say, and then she starts pacing away.

I pull out my phone and text all the members:

You guys wanna get some drinks?

_________________________

Hello guys!~~ Thank you so much for reading. And this story has already over 900 reads! Almost to 1K!

Please look forward to the upcoming chapters where Serri will... No spoilers! (That was utterly lame)

Summer vacation is almost here! But I might not be able to update because of testing that I have to do before it does start. Just screw it.

And thus, farewell! See you guys in the next chapter ^^

Please vote, comment, and follow! Thank you so much for the support!~